• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Lamar be going to our division rival?

ncfan

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

What Scot said. Our D is young and fast. We held him in check with a coach and DC that aren’t good at defense.  I’m not too worried about him with a couple good (not great) weapons in London and Pitts. 

Our D is young and fast and will be better prepared, schemed, and coached than it was before. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't worry me much. They have no defense. They only have $56mil in cap space so they won't have much money to get help there. The picks they would have to forfeit wouldn't help them upgrade anywhere else either.

They also don't have a very good coaching staff. Slightly better than we were with Rhule.

He's not much as a passer, but he's a lethal runner. It would be like the Mike vick years, except Vick was an anomaly in those days. We weren't used to running QBs. Now we are. 

Ravens couldn't win with Jackson and they have a better D and better coaching. 

I'll put this defensive coaching staff with this D against any offense ATL could come up with Lamar.

Actually, if I had to choose an NFCS team to trade for Jackson, it would be the falcons. He'd be scarier with the saints or the bucs. 

Falcons have never had a defense. Even in 2016 superbowl year they had the 26th ranked defense. Mainly because they have no pass rush and I mean worst in the league literally ….they did just hire Nielson from the Saints though who was the DL guy there and had the Saints ranked #2 in sacks since 2017 so maybe he can somehow generate a pass rush. 

I like Smith a lot better than Rhule though. Falcons were supposed to be worst team in the league with all that dead cap space on the books bc of Ryan and Julio and he got them 7 wins with young roster and lost plenty of close games at the end. (Like early Cam years) 

• Poo 1

I hope and pray this happens.  Huge stroke of luck if one of our opponents cripples their franchise by giving away their future draft picks and burning their cap space just to sign a small, run-first, injury prone QB

ask yourself this:  If Lamar is worth that kind of $$$, why didn't a really smartly run organization like the Ravens offer him that kind of deal, when they wouldn't even have to give up draft picks to do it?

Edited by MVPccaffrey
  • Pie 3

12 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Falcons- Lamar Jackson

Saints- Derek Carr

Bucs- Aaron Rodgers

Panthers- Matt Corral

Dear Lord,

Smite our enemy, the Atlanta Falcons.  Rain fire, pestilence and Lamar Jackson upon them.  Burden their cap for many years with a ginormous contract and destroy their draft capital for many seasons.  In your wisdom, confound their coaching by giving Lamar influence over Sunday game plans, draft choices and other personnel matters.

And Lord, thank you for answering my prayer and sending Russell Wilson to the Broncos.  I owe you big time for that.

Thy will be done.

Amen

• Pie 1

• 3 weeks later...