• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Svech become a liability?

Panthers Fan 69

Personally, I don’t think so. He gets called for some absolute trash penalties that would not be called against some let’s just call it like it is, Canadians. 

He makes at least one play every game that does not result in a point for himself but does for at least 2 of his teammates. 

He’s hot and cold with scoring but he’s still only 22. He definitely leaves his mark on every game, imo - and is always available. Any team would be lucky to have him. He’s on track to be a superstar forward. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Svech simply out worked several Canadians on the boards that led to two goals. Ok he didn’t score the goal, but he got the assists. Sometimes his best work is on the boards with hits and pressures. He is just fine. I will say the entire team is having issues holding pucks and catching passes.

• Pie 2

Nobody else is on the team is willing to get in the muck like Svech, so I have no problem with him hitting someone now and then. The Canes have guys like Staal, Burns, Martinook (who I thought was going to drop the gloves more than once last night, but didn't) who can hold their own when it comes time to throw down, but, for the most part they're all pretty reluctant to do so (because they're all critical to the PK).

If Svech is the guy who needs to retaliate or send a message once in a while, so be it.

And 2 guys on the Canes team had 3 points last night- Jarvy and Svech.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 2

Svech is absolutely not a liability.

Yeah he's in a slump and he seems to do this every year but he's about the only player we have that plays the "power forward" position. He's a big body that can lay the wood and get on the stat sheet whether it's with assists or goals.

I really hope we bring in Timo Meier for this reason alone...we need someone else that plays that style! 

• Pie 1