• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Like Trevor Lawrence did the previous year? Look what happened when they actually infused some talent/coaching around him…

Yep.

Coaching matters. Sometimes it matters a lot.

(when your previous coach was Urban Meyer or Matt Rhule, it's one of those times)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

And now it's a Panthers.com story...

Maybe it's a change I hadn't noticed, but I'm not used to stories about us negotiating with free agents being written for Panthers.com.

Mind you, that doesn't necessarily mean we're signing him but it's different.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And now it's a Panthers.com story...

Maybe it's a change I hadn't noticed, but I'm not used to stories about us negotiating with free agents being written for Panthers.com.

Mind you, that doesn't necessarily mean we're signing him but it's different.

Probably just more of Rhule micromanaging what got put up on social media while he was here.

27 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

And we rightly should be. It will all come down to the fit, contract length and cost. We can't go into 2023 with a rookie QB, last year's rookie QB, and a PS QB on the roster. We're getting someone. The question is who. 

Well there is an extreme difference in the 2 philosophies.   Option 1 - top 10 rookie with bridge   Option 2 - Carr for 5 years

33 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

We can't go into 2023 with a rookie QB, last year's rookie QB, and a PS QB on the roster. We're getting someone. The question is who. 

Yeah, this is where I'm at.  The Panthers couldn't possibly think it would be a good idea to go into this season with a rookie, Corral and Darnold.  There has to be a reliable vet in the mix and Darnold isn't it.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, this is where I'm at.  The Panthers couldn't possibly think it would be a good idea to go into this season with a rookie, Corral and Darnold.  There has to be a reliable vet in the mix and Darnold isn't it.

Depends on how long you need Donald to start I suppose.  Say you think you can have the rookie ready enough by mid season then maybe to could tolerate Sam for that long.  I think you could win most of those games with him until you let the rookie take over from there. If the rookie is a full season away then that changes things a bit. It's a tough call either way. 

13 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The only way I could see that happening is if they believe one of the rookies is ready to start now.

Is there anyone you think fits that scenario?