• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have our coaches. What schemes will we run?

Cam's New Arm

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Well, if you want to develop minority coaches on the offensive side of the ball to become head coaches you've got to start somewhere.  The Panthers are doing just that. If someone is complaining about that then they are complaining just to complain. 

Also Reich’s age concerns me much less knowing he can attract these type of young coordinators. When he decides to retire I feel like we will have a solid guy in the wings waiting.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Also Reich’s age concerns me much less knowing he can attract these type of young coordinators. When he decides to retire I feel like we will have a solid guy in the wings waiting.

We also have a safety net if he were to get fired or resign. There is lots of potential head coaches already on staff to promote. 

• Pie 1

DEFENSE

A variation of a two-high shell is very likely, whether be more of a hybrid 4-3 or a base 3-4.  

OFFENSE

Looking at the philosophies and where Brown, Staley and Reich bring...physical & agile RBs, more than 1 home run hitting WR, and a good TE.  With Staley, Brown & Reich, there will be elements of what Jamaal Williams & the late season surge of Akers did on the ground.  Physical but not a slow burn.  Some spread and RPO concepts but not too much. Just thinking about this makes me giddy at the prospect of a Stroud in this offense.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

33% blitz rate last year, Fangio probably averaged 25%. 

Sure enough, Evero took Fangio’s defensive scheme and revamped it into a more aggressive model. Where Fangio would send three or four in pass-rushing situations, Evero sent four, sometimes five or six rushers if it meant giving Denver’s defense a chance to get off the field. In 2021, Denver’s defense forced a total of 19 turnovers — in 2022 they forced 23. After intercepting 13 passes in 2021, the Broncos snagged 15 this season.

31 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I think so too. He compliments Luvu fairly well. If he relies on playing in the box all the time, he might as well convert. Still can use him in hybrid capacities 

I could see a linebacker group of Chinn and Thompson on the inside, Burns and Luvu on the edges.

That's assuming Thompson stays of course, which is by no means a given.

First-time defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero features a personality more consistent than a metronome, but his schemes are creative and aggressive.

Last week against the Colts, he employed three outside linebackers, some call it the NASCAR package, with rookie Nik Bonitto and Bradley Chubb outside and Baron Browning roaming from the middle. The Broncos sacked Matt Ryan six times and Caden Sterns delivered two interceptions. The idea of this defense featuring fangs began crystallizing in the spring, Chubb told Denver7 in a one-on-one interview this week.

• Beer 1

I wonder if Rapp is going to be too expensive for us as a FA. He is ideally who we need to bring in beside Woods and allow Chinn to slide down closer to the LOS. 

Bozeman and either Foreman/Jamaal Williams need to be our top priorities, but after that Rapp would be a huge get to solidify our backend.

I think we can add a TE and DL in R2.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could see a linebacker group of Chinn and Thompson on the inside, Burns and Luvu on the edges.

That's assuming Thompson stays of course, which is by no means a given.

Luvu is the one I wonder about if better inside or out.  Think he can honestly play both, versatile guy.  

Big fan of this EDGE draft class so maybe we can add a scheme versatile guy (or two)

Not so secret- All super super smart OCs run the same O. It is called " this works". If a new look D is giving everyone fits and Mcvay breaks it piceces with a 14 play designs........next week alllll the coaches will have 4 of into the playbook, the next week 9 plays added, ""

D- looks like 3-4, have to wait until what type of players are signed and drafted. But the staff looks pure 3-4. So long the points are low and TO high, idgaf.