• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers met with Hooker per report

raleigh-panther

I can see us with Hooker, and the game is on the line and we're behind a score and him putting up a valiant fight...and still losing.

I can see Levis in those situations making a bold move and then saying "Dammit, Will!" and losing.

I can see Young, Stroud, and Richardson in those situations and making something special happen. 

I want one of those three.

• Flames 1

2023 NFL Draft Big Board: PFF's top 100 prospects

28. QB TANNER MCKEE, STANFORD

McKee is already well-equipped to operate an NFL offense given what he was asked to do at Stanford. He’s one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the class and pairs that ability with lightning-quick processing. McKee’s career time to throw at Stanford is a swift 2.49 seconds.  

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-board-big-board

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

2023 NFL Draft Big Board: PFF's top 100 prospects

28. QB TANNER MCKEE, STANFORD

McKee is already well-equipped to operate an NFL offense given what he was asked to do at Stanford. He’s one of the most accurate quarterbacks in the class and pairs that ability with lightning-quick processing. McKee’s career time to throw at Stanford is a swift 2.49 seconds.  

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-board-big-board

remember the name he's perfect for what Frank Reich looks for in a QB

19 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yes we are, but you did not address the thinking of Jeremiah about not being surprised if Hooker ends up with the best career out of all the QBs in this draft. 

wasn't directed at you was directed at people in this thread freaking out about meeting with him. It would be negligence if we didn't do our due diligence on all of these guys. 

As far as Hooker being the best of all of these guys. Yea of course that could happen. Drafting a QB is kind of a crapshoot, that being said there are some serious concerns about his age, the system he played in and his health 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

wasn't directed at you was directed at people in this thread freaking out about meeting with him. It would be negligence if we didn't do our due diligence on all of these guys. 

As far as Hooker being the best of all of these guys. Yea of course that could happen. Drafting a QB is kind of a crapshoot, that being said there are some serious concerns about his age, the system he played in and his health 

I'm thinking that if it wasn't for the injury, he might even be ranked higher than Levis or Richardson. He may not be ready ready until he's 27. That sounds like day three to me.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'm thinking that if it wasn't for the injury, he might even be ranked higher than Levis or Richardson. He may not be ready ready until he's 27. That sounds like day three to me.

totally agree. Now if he is available in the rounds 4-5 you take that guy because you may have just found a Kirk Cousins type player. I'm fine with throwing multiple picks at QB this year. 

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

The most famous QB in Dallas Cowboy history, Roger Staubach, didn't enter the NFL until he was 27 due to a 4 year stint in the Navy. He didn't become a full time starter until age 29. I'm not saying Hooker is the 2nd coming of Staubach, but I don't think him entering the league at age 25 is in and of itself a big factor in determining how well he plays in the NFL. In fact, the older and maturity could turn out to be a huge positive in his favor.

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

The most famous QB in Dallas Cowboy history, Roger Staubach, didn't enter the NFL until he was 27 due to a 4 year stint in the Navy. He didn't become a full time starter until age 29. I'm not saying Hooker is the 2nd coming of Staubach, but I don't think him entering the league at age 25 is in and of itself a big factor in determining how well he plays in the NFL. In fact, the older and maturity could turn out to be a huge positive in his favor.

Oh, I agree, but the question (at least in my mind) is how it will affect his valuation. 

22 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Oh, I agree, but the question (at least in my mind) is how it will affect his valuation. 

It won't.  Teams really do not consider age as a knock on a prospect of he can play. If you can get great play out of the kid for 5 years why would you think he couldn't give you a few more in their 30s?  The only thing that really matters is if the kid can play the game at a high level in the nfl.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, rayzor said:

I can see us with Hooker, and the game is on the line and we're behind a score and him putting up a valiant fight...and still losing.

I can see Levis in those situations making a bold move and then saying "Dammit, Will!" and losing.

I can see Young, Stroud, and Richardson in those situations and making something special happen. 

I want one of those three.

This is great. I haven’t had a post on here make me laugh in so long. Thank you.

And yea, I could see the same. I don’t want Levis, but if they decide he’s the guy, I’ll be down. 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

This is great. I haven’t had a post on here make me laugh in so long. Thank you.

And yea, I could see the same. I don’t want Levis, but if they decide he’s the guy, I’ll be down. 

I have guys I want and guys I don't, but I trust these coaches more than my gut or any other opinion. 

I'm trying to prepare myself for them picking a guy and going

Ohok Ok GIF by Yuna

Just trying to be ready for anything.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I have guys I want and guys I don't, but I trust these coaches more than my gut or any other opinion. 

I'm trying to prepare myself for them picking a guy and going

Ohok Ok GIF by Yuna

Just trying to be ready for anything.

You also have to prepare for the possibility that they simply cannot get in a position to take their 1st choice at qb. It takes 2 to tango you know.