• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR & DE: Juju & DréMont?

top dawg

Apparently PFF is predicting that Juju Smith-Schuster and DréMont Jones to become Panthers during free agency (courtesy of Panthers Wire).

I don't know exactly why they predicted Juju to land here (as I don't have a PFF account and there was really nothing stated about that in Anthony Rizzuti's article), but I like the idea. He's still in his prime and doesn't leave a lot of balls on the field with that 4 percent drop rate over his career. He's a good target (pun intended). 

Now Jones, on the other hand, has ties to EJ and has played in his system as a 3-4 DE, so quite naturally the probability of him landing here is a little higher.

"Jones was a high-caliber pass rusher as a 3-4 defensive end during his tenure in 4, with his 45 quarterback pressures and 25 defensive stops this past season under Evero both career highs.

Both players are definitely food for thought. I don't know what it would mean for the development of our current players, but (you heard it here first), "Best man up trumps next man up." Competition is what we need!

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/25/pff-predicts-panthers-sign-wr-juju-smith-schuster-in-free-agency/

Just more food for thought.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Apparently PFF is predicting that Juju Smith-Schuster and DréMont Jones to become Panthers during free agency (courtesy of Panthers Wire).

I don't know exactly why they predicted Juju to land here (as I don't have a PFF account and there was really nothing stated about that in Anthony Rizzuti's article), but I like the idea. He's still in his prime and doesn't leave a lot of balls on the field with that 4 percent drop rate over his career. He's a good target (pun intended). 

Now Jones, on the other hand, has ties to EJ and has played in his system as a 3-4 DE, so quite naturally the probability of him landing here is a little higher.

"Jones was a high-caliber pass rusher as a 3-4 defensive end during his tenure in 4, with his 45 quarterback pressures and 25 defensive stops this past season under Evero both career highs.

Both players are definitely food for thought. I don't know what it would mean for the development of our current players, but (you heard it here first), "Best man up trumps next man up." Competition is what we need!

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/25/pff-predicts-panthers-sign-wr-juju-smith-schuster-in-free-agency/

DreMont Jones? Absolutely!

I’d pass on JuJu.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Both of these players are attractive targets though I have no idea how realistic getting them might be.

However, it is hard to imagine Tepper bringing in such an esteemed group of coaches without there being a significant turnover in the roster.  Interesting times indeed!

5 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

Tried clowning James Bradberry after he admitted that he held JuJu, the entire league basically poo on him in his comments for it and basically said he didnt do poo all season and got carried to the ring.

That was both very funny and very tacky, especially from a guy who has significantly underperformed his draft promise.

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was both very funny and very tacky, especially from a guy who has significantly underperformed his draft promise.

It was pretty funny with the valentines and all, to be honest. I wouldn’t have done it or been proud of my son if he did, but I laughed. 

• Pie 1