• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears have been approached by multiple teams for #1 Pick and are leaning towards trading the pick away per Adam Schefter

Varking

5 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

No its about giving up the draft capital on an unknown.

Id give up 3 1s for a vet that has shown he can navigate an NFL offense.  But a rook...

Too much of a gamble in my book

Everything’s a unknown.. Do you think when the Broncos gave up draft capital for RUss there wasn’t a chance of failure.. And then reality is there isn’t many opportunities to trade 3 picks for a known championship commodity.. All of this comes with risk.. But depending on team situation you have to decide which risk is worth taking…

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

and P. Manning. 

I don’t even agree Manning was on that list because there was a question if Leaf was going to be better.. 

There was no question when Elway, Luck and Lawrence came out.. You couldn’t offer those teams the moon to move off those guys..

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

Everything’s a unknown.. Do you think when the Broncos gave up draft capital for RUss there wasn’t a chance of failure.. And then reality is there isn’t many opportunities to trade 3 picks for a known championship commodity.. All of this comes with risk.. But depending on team situation you have to decide which risk is worth taking…

I think the Broncos are fuging stupid but thats a different story

Look, Im not opposed to trading future opportunity for success in the near term.  On top of that Ive got more confidence in this coaching staff to make that decision than I have in a long time.  But Im not the kind of gambler that looks at the likes of the top 4 QB prospects and want to bet the house on the idea that they are HOF talents and project that into giving up 3 1s.

If Coach see's something there that I dont I can say for the first time in 25+ year Ill trust him

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yeah what happened with Wilson since leaving Seattle should serve as a cautionary tale to the Carr lovers too. In the current NFL if you are going to make an all in move go for a promising young QB not the veteran you think might get you over the hump now.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Cullenator said:

I think the Broncos are fuging stupid but thats a different story

Look, Im not opposed to trading future opportunity for success in the near term.  On top of that Ive got more confidence in this coaching staff to make that decision than I have in a long time.  But Im not the kind of gambler that looks at the likes of the top 4 QB prospects and want to bet the house on the idea that they are HOF talents and project that into giving up 3 1s.

If Coach see's something there that I dont I can say for the first time in 25+ year Ill trust him

Cool .. Pretty much the same opinion other then I think 2 of the QB in this draft are getting knocks counter to what their tape and production says.. But I will give the benefit to this staff on whatever decision they make..

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yeah what happened with Wilson since leaving Seattle should serve as a cautionary tale to the Carr lovers too. In the current NFL if you are going to make an all in move go for a promising young QB not the veteran you think might get you over the hump now.

I will totally agree with you on this..

Getting a vet and believing he can do something he hasn’t shown in 8 years he can for your team.. While paying him 35mil + a season… Is way more a risk then trading draft capital getting a rookie (who hasn’t had the opportunity to prove anything) paying him way less to find out if he can…

23 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don’t even agree Manning was on that list because there was a question if Leaf was going to be better.. 

There was no question when Elway, Luck and Lawrence came out.. You couldn’t offer those teams the moon to move off those guys..

I remember a bunch of talk about how Leaf could end up being better but no one I remember listening to or talking to ever took it seriously. It all seemed like a bunch of hype trying to get Indy to pick someone other than Payton. Payton was always considered a sure fire lock, it was just was Leaf going to be the better of the two "locks." This is quite a while back of course, but that's what I remember anyway. 

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I remember a bunch of talk about how Leaf could end up being better but no one I remember listening to or talking to ever took it seriously. It all seemed like a bunch of hype trying to get Indy to pick someone other than Payton. Payton was always considered a sure fire lock, it was just was Leaf going to be the better of the two "locks." This is quite a while back of course, but that's what I remember anyway. 

Yeah I remember a serious question on Leaf being more athletic and having more upside.. And that’s why Manning wasn’t in this category with Luck, Elway and Lawrence.. Athleticism questions on Manning that weren’t there for the other 3..

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

and P. Manning. 

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

I had leaf over manning, i was too young to understand the mental part of NFL.

I agree with just three, maaaaaaybe add VIck, he was that guy in college....Id put vick over manning....draft-wise.

47 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I had leaf over manning, i was too young to understand the mental part of NFL.

I agree with just three, maaaaaaybe add VIck, he was that guy in college....Id put vick over manning....draft-wise.

Seriously?  Vick over P Manning?  Im honestly not clowning and Ill admit that as a Panthers fan I still have nightmares of Vick leaving his feet at the 7 yard line and somehow levitating into the end zone.  But are you saying you'd take Vick over Manning?

Help me out with that.