• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agent chatter

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I could see Brissett keeping the seat warm for Hooker if a trade up scenario doesn't materialize. That would be an extremely uninspiring scenario.

Curious how big you see the talent gap between Hooker and 'the four'.  Do you see a major talent gap or are you more on his age and ACL injury?

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Evil Knievel would have to have a helluva bike to jump it.

The gap as far as Jeremiah is concerned is between Young and everyone else (mind you, that this tweet is pre-Combine).

But as I've pointed out before, he also said:

"Hooker is an ultra productive QB with size, accuracy and athleticism. He operates in the Vols' unique spread attack, where they send their outside wideouts to the extreme edges of the field and force opponents to defend them in space. Hooker has outstanding field vision, makes quick decisions and delivers the ball in a position where his receivers can easily run after the catch. He doesn’t have a powerful arm, but he can make all the necessary throws. He throws a beautiful deep ball. He has the athleticism to extend plays and he’s very effective on designed QB runs. Unfortunately, he suffered an ACL injury late in the season that could jeopardize his rookie campaign. Also, his age (25) is a concern for some teams. Overall, I see Hooker as a quality starting QB and wouldn’t be shocked if he has the best career of any passer in this year's class."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The gap as far as Jeremiah is concerned is between Young and everyone else (mind you, that this tweet is pre-Combine).

But as I've pointed out before, he also said:

"Hooker is an ultra productive QB with size, accuracy and athleticism. He operates in the Vols' unique spread attack, where they send their outside wideouts to the extreme edges of the field and force opponents to defend them in space. Hooker has outstanding field vision, makes quick decisions and delivers the ball in a position where his receivers can easily run after the catch. He doesn’t have a powerful arm, but he can make all the necessary throws. He throws a beautiful deep ball. He has the athleticism to extend plays and he’s very effective on designed QB runs. Unfortunately, he suffered an ACL injury late in the season that could jeopardize his rookie campaign. Also, his age (25) is a concern for some teams. Overall, I see Hooker as a quality starting QB and wouldn’t be shocked if he has the best career of any passer in this year's class."

That hasn't changed. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That hasn't changed. 

Hooker is flying under the radar due to that ACL injury.  ACLs just don't seem like as big of a deal as they were many years ago.  I get he might miss some early games, but most rookie QBs would be in the same boat healthy or not.  

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Well, there is no ambiguity in that response.  LOL

Not for those of us old enough to remember who Evel Knievel was anyway 😆

(I'm probably not the only one here who did some damage to their bicycle trying to imitate some of his feats)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Well, well, well apparently I'm not the only one that thinks Brissett is the likely veteran QB the Panthers sign. I've only been saying this since Reich's first day.

I think you are one of the many who have been predicting this.  It makes a lot of sense...

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This or Zach Allen would be HUGE! I saw that Jones is going to get silly paid though....like $18M IIRC. 

I'm still driving the Khalen Saunders hidden gem bandwagon this FA. Would give us a young 3-4 DT with experience in a winning program and a lot cheaper.