• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agent chatter

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Clock is ticking loudly for Bozeman. If we lose him after trading DJ we are really putting ourselves in a hole to try to build an offense around this QB we're going to draft.

I'd rather keep Bozeman but that's a potential link to watch if for whatever reason we don't 😕

• Beer 1

On 3/9/2023 at 9:18 PM, Soul Rebel said:

Any idea what Foster Moreau will get on the FA market? Josh Norris intrigued me with his thoughts on him and spent the last hour checking him out. 

26 years old, put up 5 TDs his rookie year and was behind Waller in Vegas. I wonder if he can be a TE1 here in Reich's system. Seems like a balanced TE that can block as well as be a threat as a receiver. 

Can he be had on a reasonable deal and let others spend big on Schultz and Geisicki.

I have been eyeballing him for about 2 weeks now. Spotrac estimates his salary around $9m, but they are off a lot--I think $5-7 gets him because the TE market in the draft is so deep.

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Clock is ticking loudly for Bozeman. If we lose him after trading DJ we are really putting ourselves in a hole to try to build an offense around this QB we're going to draft.

They are still working on a deal but were very far apart in the beginning. Panthers chose not to franchise tag him because they do not believe his market value is what his representatives are claiming (Appx. 16 million/yr) which was right at the value of the franchise tag. Panthers feel he is more in the 8-9 million/yr range. It is a good possibility that they keep Elflein-which is why he has not been released yet. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

They are still working on a deal but were very far apart in the beginning. Panthers chose not to franchise tag him because they do not believe his market value is what his representatives are claiming (Appx. 16 million/yr) which was right at the value of the franchise tag. Panthers feel he is more in the 8-9 million/yr range. It is a good possibility that they keep Elflein-which is why he has not been released yet. 

Have to let him walk if that’s truly what he and his representatives are asking. 

The difference in Boze and Elf at center is not worth $10mil more per year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1