• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer, Reich Combine pressers today

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Gun to my head, I think the Panthers end up in one of three options....

• Trade w/ SEA to move from 9 to 5 (cough up the SF 2nd + 4th + 6th) - take AR.
    • Seems like our coaching hires were built for a player of this calibre and upside. 
    • Sign Brissett to a 2+1 deal. He can step in with knowledge of the system, win the NFCS and share his leadership/scheme understanding with Richardson in '23. Similar builds too 6'4" 225+
    • At some point in '24, AR takes over for Brissett, and we have a helluva backup vet in Brissett. Can void year 3 if need be.

• We sign Carr in FA. Reich thinks this is a 5-yr window
    • Use draft capital to build around Carr.
      • WR1 at 9
      • TE1 at 39
      • Defensive pieces at 60 & R3
      • Re-sign Boze + Foreman - Suleiman needs to earn his keep and manipulate the cap
    • Kick young QB down the line...maybe '25.

• Draft Hooker by moving into the end of R1.
    • WR1 at 9
    • TE1 in R2

I think Stroud and Young will cost too much and don't think we can outbit IND to get to 1. We "can" do it, I just don't think this coaching-GM braintrust is built to sacrifice what it would take. I think the coaching talent we have is primed for a guy like AR/Hooker/lesser QB and they can mold them into our system with talent surrounding them.

Good breakdown. 

AR seems like such a gamble given he needs time. I really dont like the idea of sitting young QB's. So much value of drafting a rookie QB is their cap vs a starting player and if you intend to sit them you lose that value. 

Honestly Carr at this point seems like the best way to go. If we had next years QB class THIS year then I would feel better about trading up but its also rare that a QB of Carrs ability come available. 

20 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Man Im so torn at what I want for a QB.. 

Carr lets us compete right now while saving draft picks. At #9 we can get an impact player. 

Drafting a QB probably mean trading away future picks for an unknown and there is no 100% safe QB in this draft.. 

Carr and his hypothetical contract limits how good this roster can be.  Getting a rookie deal qb allows us to exponentially upgrade the roster in the next few off seasons.  I dont think carr is good enough to overlook that 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Carr and his hypothetical contract limits how good this roster can be.  Getting a rookie deal qb allows us to exponentially upgrade the roster in the next few off seasons.  I dont think carr is good enough to overlook that 

Thats fair. But its hard to see a situation where we dont give us multiple 1st and 2nd's which also hampers us. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Thats fair. But its hard to see a situation where we dont give us multiple 1st and 2nd's which also hampers us. 

Depends on where and if we move.  I still say dont trade until the draft starts and see who is falling.  Someone always falls for whatever reason.  If we end up with Levis/AR at 9 and keep our picks then holy hell we are off to the races.  

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Depends on where and if we move.  I still say dont trade until the draft starts and see who is falling.  Someone always falls for whatever reason.  If we end up with Levis/AR at 9 and keep our picks then holy hell we are off to the races.  

I think this is the way. You have to trust someone falls to 9, which history tells us will happen. Worst case imo is trading up to 5 to take AR or Levis when there is an 80% chance one of those guys will be there at 9 anyway. 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yup that would be best case. 

I could really see AR falling. I saw a mock draft the other day that didnt have AR in the 1st round.. That said we have to have a vet option in place heading into the draft. cause if we dont and miss out on a QB in the draft then its going to be a LONG season 

3 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I could really see AR falling. I saw a mock draft the other day that didnt have AR in the 1st round.. That said we have to have a vet option in place heading into the draft. cause if we dont and miss out on a QB in the draft then its going to be a LONG season 

Honestly you can make a legit case for each of the big 4 to fall like a rock.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CanadianCat said:

Thats how much of a crap shoot this whole thing is.  I've seen mocks that have Indy trading up to 1 and taking AR, and I have seen mocks where he doesn't even get picked in the first.  Hell, last year there were tons of mocks that had Pickett, Willis, Howell and Corral going in the 1st.

Around the 48:00 minute mark, Fitterer talks about getting a QB in round 1 or even 2, and then says something like, "if you see the guy you like, you go get him...if that does not work out, you grab that veteran."

Here is what I heard:  We like a player in this draft and we like Herndon.  We are going to try to trade up and get the guy we want, and if we can't get high enough to get him, we will sign a veteran and maybe even trade back.  With this in mind, we will try to offer the Bears a nice package to go get our guy. I think we will try to make this trade as soon as possible--maybe the end of March at the latest, after Free Agency.  If we can't do that, we will sign a veteran QB  and draft a QB in round 2 (Herndon, maybe"?) and maybe add some tools. Now, you have to really like the guy you are moving up to get---you are going "all in."  I do not see us moving up for any QB other than Stroud or Young.
I honestly think we will draft a QB on days 1 or 2. Stroud, young, or Herdon.  Long shot: We sit at #9 and Richardson is there--we still need a veteran.

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Bryce. My goodness   

to say he is small well…the first time he gets sandwich by two 350 lb DTs, it might be over 

The guy he was walking with was reported to be 6'7" tall.  Sounds about right.  That would make Young about 5'7" tall from that view. 

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The guy he was walking with was reported to be 6'7" tall.  Sounds about right.  That would make Young about 5'7" tall from that view. 

They say he is 5’10 and he has gained weight to like 198 but my lord. I don’t know 

there is no question he has talent but everyone in the NFL does.  

• Beer 1