• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Matt Miller.. Panthers all in on Richardson?

micnificent28

The team braintrust is reportedly meeting after today to discuss their plans at quarterback, so I wouldn't bet on them being "all in" on anybody just yet.

They may like him (indications are that they do) but suggesting those decisions have been made before they've even met and talked is bullsh-t.

I’ve stood next to him and next to Cam. 
they are cut from the same cloth as far as Size and athletic ability.

He’s raw but has the talent.  Really good kid, and is coachable.  As you notice his improvements as the year went on last year.

he’s still Young as well, Cam Newton was still at Blinn Juco at the same point of their careers

C24F626F-B1C1-4385-8937-D2257F63CD2A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I think his football IQ is very underrated. His post game interviews usually consist of going over things he needs to work on and correct and owning his issues. He also has been working on his footwork this offseason from what I’ve read.

Mooch went over some of his game tape and asked him to critique his own flaws. Footwork is an issue when he is under pressure. He has a lot of flaws in his game that will get exposed at this level.  I'm not sure all of them can be coached out of him without effecting his timing.  He's a huge gamble in the top 10.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The only thing the worries me about Stroud is the ability to transition based in how there developed at OSU. I know no one wants to hear this but OSU is notorious for running and teaching a specific system that doesn't help the guys transition into the nfl and become successful.  I heard that mentioned yesterday on  that network. I wish I could remember who it was that said it now. But it is a real issue that goes unmentioned outside of the scouting world. 

And, honestly, that's why Young may be better than both. Hell, Hooker could turn out better. I absolutely loved Hooker's answer about playing in Tennessee's system. He's basically like, "What do you expect me to do if my first read is always open..."

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

FWIW 

Dan Mullen who has coached and been around some good QBs (Cam and Dak). Said ARich is the most talented player he’s been around.

so take that how you want.

If he's more talented than Cam and we think he's coachable, then let's sell the farm and go get him.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I get it. But...I could also argue that AR may never have the pocket presence that Stroud has, and that's assuming that you can even teach pocket presence (which may be impossible). Moreover, can you really teach accuracy? You can teach a guy to have more consistent mechanics which may improve accuracy, sure, but will he revert to his old ways when the bullets start flying? So, as you know, it takes much more than a cannon for an arm or uber mobility to be a consistently successful QB in the league, especially for an extended amount of time.

I thought somebody had posted a stat at one point that showed Richardson as having the lowest sack rate in the pocket amongst those in this class. 

NFL Network claims that the Panthers (and Atlanta, and another team) are in talks with the Bears to move up to #1--Said it would take a lot for Carolina to move up.

I know we have twice spoken with Herndon--maybe to eliminate him as an option, maybe to consider him a viable "plan B" maybe they like him as much as anyone else.  Dunno.  I think he is plan B, personally.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

NFL Network claims that the Panthers (and Atlanta, and another team) are in talks with the Bears to move up to #1--Said it would take a lot for Carolina to move up.

I know we have twice spoken with Herndon--maybe to eliminate him as an option, maybe to consider him a viable "plan B" maybe they like him as much as anyone else.  Dunno.  I think he is plan B, personally.

I got a hunch that if we do move up, it will be for the little guy. It's only a hunch though. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Mooch went over some of his game tape and asked him to critique his own flaws. Footwork is an issue when he is under pressure. He has a lot of flaws in his game that will get exposed at this level.  I'm not sure all of them can be coached out of him without effecting his timing.  He's a huge gamble in the top 10.

Same with Cam, and he had accuracy issues that caused him to use his arm a lot without the support of his legs--causing passes to sail or miss a lot.  I think he used his arm to attempt to bail out the fact that his legs were in "run mode" and not in "pass mode" and that could have had as much wear and tear on his arm as contact over the years.  Not basing this on any facts I have read, just my theory.

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I would assume Hooker is probably more of a plan C.

Plan A: Draft top flight talent high in the first 

Plan B: Derek Carr

Plan C : oh fug, scramble drill

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I would assume Hooker is probably more of a plan C.

Plan A: Draft top flight talent high in the first 

Plan B: Derek Carr

Plan 😄 oh fug, scramble drill

That last one should be called, "Plan 2019-present"

• Beer 1