• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Drills: Quarterback Day

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

They were saying robotic bc of how he drops back and works into his throw. His timing is off because of it. It isnt "how he looks" its the robotic process of getting through his drop back and step into the throw. 

That is a HUGE deal in the NFL because timing is everything.

His timing isn't off though. The ball is showing up right when it's supposed to. That's the only timing that actually matters. He's delivered the football with better timing and location than anyone else in this group.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

That's a weird post considering it's a thread literally existing to discuss these very Combine drills.

It's not odd. That fact you are placing judgment on how good they are or will be on a few drills is what's odd. And that fact that I mentioned it upset you two is what's odd. 

Just now, frankw said:

I enjoy the combine and it's good to discuss and go back and forth but in general throwing in shorts doesn't mean much. I would still roll the dice on Richardson at this point in time though if it came down to it.

Depends on if we sit still or move up. If we are making a big move I’d love to shoot for Stroud. 

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

His timing isn't off though. The ball is showing up right when it's supposed to. That's the only timing that actually matters.

I dont believe you are correct here. However, I really dont want to go into a back and forth over a QB that wont get drafted before the 5th round bc of lack of talent and mechanics at his position. You and I obviously study the position from a completely different perspective. So lets just leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Trying to determine if this is going to be some long term thing where it would be best to just put you on block or mute or if this is temporary and you’ll get back to being a better contributor here. 

By all means put me on ignore or block or whatever makes you feel better.  If my comment offended you then so be it. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

It's not odd. That fact you are placing judgment on how good they are or will be on a few drills is what's odd. And that fact that I mentioned it upset you two is what's odd. 

This dudes making it sound like we said Stet had a few good drills that meant we were saying he’s going to be a better pro or something. 

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I enjoy the combine and it's good to discuss and go back and forth but in general throwing in shorts doesn't mean much. I would still roll the dice on Richardson at this point in time though if it came down to it.

True, but it does make some teams go back and watch film on prospects they didn't think much of. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont believe you are correct here. However, I really dont want to go into a back and forth over a QB that wont get drafted before the 5th round bc of lack of talent and mechanics at his position. You and I obviously study the position from a completely different perspective. So lets just leave it at that.

Not sure why you're being so testy. We can agree to disagree I'm far from a Bennett fan boy.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's definitely odd being in a thread about QB Combine drills attributing arguments that I haven't seen made. We're literally just talking about how guys are performing in the QB drills in the QB drills thread.

These drills are far from the end all be all of these QB evaluations. I think everyone is well aware of that. But it's March and there's nothing else football related to talk about. I fully understand if you don't care but why bother posting here about that? Let the rest of us discuss the things there are to discuss

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure why you're being so testy. We can agree to disagree I'm far from a Bennett fan boy.

I wasnt attempting to be testy, just stating that this debate could be endless bc it is based off of differing perspectives. I really just wanted to close the discussion on this topic so we could move to AR and CJ.

• Pie 1