• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers to aggressive pursue trade up to get a QB

TheSpecialJuan

6 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The only 2 QBs that can start right away are Young and Stroud. We are going to have to move up into the top 3 to get either one.

I seriously doubt either will start right away. At least they shouldn't.  But I'm not getting paid to win so who knows?

we have to decide if it will be less expensive to go from 9 to 3 then 3 to 1 or go from 9 to 1. all these QBs jumping up the board is going to see a lot of the original Top 5 talents slip into the 6-10 range. I think 3 of the first 4 picks will be QB and Seattle may be inclined to take Levis. 

Tyree Wilson, Will Anderson, Jalen Carter, Christian Gonzalez, Lukas Van Ness, Peter Skoronski, plus the fastest rising WR prospect if you keep Fields... all but 1 of these players will be available at 6th if Seattle goes QB. If you can trade down to 9th, take the far better pick package, and still get one of your Top 3 guys on the board with QB excluded you have to explore it. These are difference makers at their positions even at 9th with the run on QB expected to happen. 

2 minutes ago, SameDamnThing said:

we have to decide if it will be less expensive to go from 9 to 3 then 3 to 1 or go from 9 to 1. all these QBs jumping up the board is going to see a lot of the original Top 5 talents slip into the 6-10 range. I think 3 of the first 4 picks will be QB and Seattle may be inclined to take Levis. 

Tyree Wilson, Will Anderson, Jalen Carter, Christian Gonzalez, Lukas Van Ness, Peter Skoronski, plus the fastest rising WR prospect if you keep Fields... all but 1 of these players will be available at 6th if Seattle goes QB. If you can trade down to 9th, take the far better pick package, and still get one of your Top 3 guys on the board with QB excluded you have to explore it. These are difference makers at their positions even at 9th with the run on QB expected to happen. 

Or stick at 9 and pick up one of those sliding 'Top 5' talents because everyone else has lost their damn minds.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If he misses he won't get a GM job again.

I disagree.

He has a ton of pressure on him from Tepper to find a QB or he’s gone. Everyone knows the pickle he’s in. Find a QB or the next guy will

It’s not like he’s trading up to take Kenny Pickett. No one is going to think it’s silly to take Young or Stroud number 1

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 3

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If he misses he won't get a GM job again.

If you are scared to take calculated risks based on you best insights you shouldn’t be a GM in the first place. Always playing it safe won’t allow you to win much in this league.