• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers to aggressive pursue trade up to get a QB

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

The circumstances/factors with other teams doesn't affect one iota if the QB will succeed or fail.  I get while everyone is so gung-ho for this to happen now, but it doesn't change the fact that years of evidence shows the QB is much more likely to bust than be a superstar.

So what is the answer?? Waiting years for a perfect scenario that never happens?? How realistic is that??

Just now, Sub Zero said:

So what is the answer?? Waiting years for a perfect scenario that never happens?? How realistic is that??

Their answer is waiting until this team reaches their version of perfection and then we draft a QB that falls into our lap. Even though that will never happen and this team will always have holes. 

5 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Gotta stop being scared of playing to win at some point in Carolina.

Gotta stop like us fans are making the calls.  If dude bust, there is going to be a lot of "oh well, at least we gave it shot" comments. Why?  Absolutely zero skin in the risk.  It's easy to gamble with someone else's money.

5 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Also a BIG IF.. That you hit on your picks in the first place.. 

At some point you have to take a shot to be great instead of staying the same and being meh…

I get the case for moving up, and I still lean towards not, but I do understand it. 

I think largely how you feel about the quarterbacks makes you lean one way or the other. 

It’s gonna be a long wait for the draft. Exciting times. I’m still pumped by the staff we have. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

what were her wins as I honestly dont remember any?  I remember a ton of flip flopping etc and her saying there is no way mac jones gets past us per her source

Then that’s the point.. You were ultra focused on her faults and don’t even know that she had some really strong wins on draft opinions that came true.. I know for a fact she had a streak of picking our 1st round picks weeks before it happened.. I know for sure she had strong opinions that Jackson and Mahomes were going to be good before any on here knew.. All I’m saying just be objective when going after ppl..

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

^ bro verge is a joke and was all in on the mac jones and malik willis trains 

she has been exposed as a fraud and its the reason she doesnt show up any more.  I cannot remember the name of the poster that totally exposed her here but its in the history somewhere. 

Don’t  recall what she said about Willis but she was never “high” on Mac Jones. Just stated what every other reprter stated and what even the Adam Schefters reported later many teams were expecting SF to take Mac Jones until the pick was Submitted.  Which was all she said

she called the Horn pick the we prior to the draft

and the Brown pick

and the Burns pick 

41 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

And to be in reality.. 

Most of the media told you last years QB class wasn’t good and most if not all had the QB’s last year graded as 2nd and 3rd round talent at best.. 

YOU chose not to read between the lines and recognize the true feelings on last years QB class…

It doesn’t matter what lines me you or the media read between. It’s all up to Reich and Fitt. They HAVE to know, coming out with lofty reports of being in love with a certain prospect in a position where we are, is purely bad business. They very well may love Stroud, why say “we’ll do whatever it takes to get em”. What good does that do for the franchise? Hikes up the asking price of every team in front of us. I sincerely hope the FO takes an honest and diligent approach to what they want to do, not just come out early March after the underwear Olympics and publicly announce our future is mortgaged.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I get the case for moving up, and I still lean towards not, but I do understand it. 

I think largely how you feel about the quarterbacks makes you lean one way or the other. 

It’s gonna be a long wait for the draft. Exciting times. I’m still pumped by the staff we have. 

Agreed .. Especially your last statement.. Pumped about the new staff now let’s see them do what they were brought here to do.. Draft and develop a young QB..

8 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Don’t  recall what she said about Willis but she was never “high” on Mac Jones. Just stated what every other reprter stated and what even the Adam Schefters reported later many teams were expecting SF to take Mac Jones until the pick was Submitted.  Which was all she said

she called the Horn pick the we prior to the draft

and the Brown pick

and the Burns pick 

If that was the case she would still post, she was exposed as a fraud.  Clear as day.  Once I get time tomorrow I will search for the thread where she takes her ball and goes home after it happens.  

• Poo 1