• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Tape vs Workouts

Mr. Scot

Music to my ears ... 

And I can also guarantee, if Rhule was still in the building then AR would be our trade up choice. We all know he was a magnet to athletic profiles. Pretty sure his philosophy was get the most athletic guys possible and coach'em up.

Problem he ran into: 60-80% below average coaches made up his staff.    

The tape doesn't lie. 

19 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Little is a great example. 

Olineman... I forgot about them. That would be the exception, to a certain point.

Greg Little: Was severely lacking in the athletic department. That had to be a Hurney pick. I'd think you'd like to stay away from any lineman that has "plays soft" anywhere near his scouting report. Especially in the top 100 picks.

• Pie 1

I kinda view the combine the same as the wonderlic. People use to poo all over it because “it just means how good you are at taking test, not how smart somebody is”.

Well to me the combine is just a physical test, no pads, opposing sides, game situations. So it’s kind of the same thing. So if you are going to go all in on combine results, make the wonderlic public too and give it the same credit.

Really the tape is the best thing to examine IMO because it actually shows what people do and how they react and perform in game situations.

7 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Do we really think Rhule had that much control of the draft?

Not unique to Rhule...

Coaches tell personnel departments what's important to them based on systems, general preferences, etc.

Rhule valued athleticism. And honestly, given his college coaching experience, that probably makes sense.