• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New trade down theory coming out of League circles

Growl

This is my assumption: If we like Young and Stroud, we’ll have to get to 1 or 2 to get them. They will be gone by pick 3. If we are good with 3 of them with no strong preference we should trade with the Cards. 

Personally I believe Young and Stroud are clearly the top 2, then a drop of to Richardson and then a big drop of to Levis. But that is just my opinion, I obviously have no idea what the Panthers think.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, MrBubba said:

In all likelihood Jimmy G is signed next week after FA starts.  

That could be. 

I'm thinking the Panthers would want to have their plan in place before FA starts. If they are able to trade into the top-3, maybe they don't need someone like Jimmy G. If they aren't able to do that before FA, then he could be an aggressive target. 

In on every deal...(except Aaron Rodgers).

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Martin said:

If it was me I would give the Bears my best offer but they would have to accept before FA starts as a trade would dictate our FA strategy. 

The only leverage the Panthers would have with the Bears would be to make them think we could go after Lamar Jackson.  They already know about our qb situation and what's available in FA. Fitterer has already dropped the organizations pants and bent it over by saying they will do whatever it takes to get a qb.  All they are waiting on now is to see who goes in first. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

The only leverage the Panthers would have with the Bears would be to make them think we could go after Lamar Jackson.  They already know about our qb situation and what's available in FA. Fitterer has already dropped the organizations pants and bent it over by saying they will do whatever it takes to get a qb.  All they are waiting on now is who goes in first. 

Very fair. This would be our only option to create any leverage. Essentially let us know shortly or we’ll move on to the Cardinals. But this play is admittedly a stretch.

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

Very fair. This would be our only option to create any leverage. Essentially let us know shortly or we’ll move on to the Cardinals. But this play is admittedly a stretch.

I would not ask to know right away. We already have an offer on the table.  Let FA play out while they try to top it. They will call to try for a better offer, trust me. I guarantee we have the best offer on the table right now.

Edited by Jon Snow

7 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Right now getting first pick for CJ Stroud is a serious unknown for us and and I bet most here are getting very nervous about the chance of winning the trade battle for first pick of the draft. If that fails at getting  a QB who do we even go after between Oline and Dline left on the board.                      

Yep.  Really nervous. Had we made the Burns trade, I wouldn’t be. With the extra cap space and 3 top picks, I think you could get enough value to not flinch about a QB trade up. Without all that, if we make a QB mistake we could be watching the Bears or Arizona trade out of the spot for teams who want Caleb Williams or Maye or whoever or watch them get Marvin Harrison Jr.

Best case is we really like Richardson or Levis and they fall to 9.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I would not ask to know right away. We already have an offer on the table.  Let FA play out while they try to top it. They will call to try for a better offer, trust me. I guarantee we have the best offer on the table right now.

I think we do, and I don’t know if anyone will top it. Best case scenario is essentially Texans trading up and we go for pick #2.