• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

10 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

It does. Cony Ealy played his best game in the superbowl. Would have been MVP had we won. 
CJ had 1 month to prepare for 1 opponent. Don’t get me wrong, he answered all questions we had for 2 yrs on that game. But that’s also my issue. We had consistent questions with mobility, lack of creation out of structure for 2 yrs, couldn’t handle pressure. How do we know that the GA game was not a fluke?

Some QBs can get hot for 1 game. Some for even a stretch (Nick foles) but can they consistently do it? I don’t think CJ can, but if we draft him, I’ll hope I’m wrong. 

It's Kony Ealy.  

Comparing Kony Ealy to CJ Stroud is one hell of a stretch.  CJ Stroud has had sustained success at a major program and delivered a monster performance in the biggest game of the year.  He was consistently good all year and has great leadership qualities.  He also showed out at the combine.  He has the best in pocket footwork of all the qbs and delivers the ball with deadly accuracy. 

I remember when we drafted Kony Ealy, Ealy was the complete opposite.  Positionally and personality wise.

• Beer 2

On 3/10/2023 at 1:46 PM, Ivory Panther said:

CJ has huge questions marks. B4 the GA game, some thought he was falling outside of top 10 because of these questions.

lack of mobility.

lack of out of structure play making ability. 

He answered every question on that 1 game which was his best performance of 2 yrs against the best competition.

so the question is, can he do that all the time? Why didn’t it do it in other games Whr he struggled?

Michigan (twice)

Iowa

Maryland 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cj-stroud-1.html

Compare his 2 years to almost anybody’s in college.. Then come and talk to me.. 

Stop trying to act like 8,125 yards passing 85 tds and 12 ints with a comp% of 69.3 and a QB rating of 180.00 in 2 years comes down to 1 game…

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It's Kony Ealy.  

Comparing Kony Ealy to CJ Stroud is one hell of a stretch.  CJ Stroud has had sustained success at a major program and delivered a monster performance in the biggest game of the year.  He was consistently good all year and has great leadership qualities.  He also showed out at the combine.  He has the best in pocket footwork of all the qbs and delivers the ball with deadly accuracy. 

I remember when we drafted Kony Ealy, Ealy was the complete opposite.  Positionally and personality wise.

Stroud has that poise. Unafraid. Doesn't panic, always thinking, calculating. He's a day one off top. No questions here. He could start like Cam did. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Lol. Let HOUSTON decide between Young, Levis, AR.

That's a more difficult puzzle to solve.

To me the physical differences would factor in more greatly especially long term with CJ out of the mix and wearing black and blue.

What if Houston also has their eyes on Stroud and they targeted him for their new QB. 

OK, I am Reich, Caldwell, and McCown and I am talking QB.  

Start with Caldwell, who was successful with players like Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco, and Matthew Stafford.  Starting to see a "type" forming?  Tall pocket passers.

McCown and Reich were tall, pocket passers.  In my opinion, once they do a deep dive into the film, they will see skills in Stroud that separate him from Levis and Richardson.  His size will separate him from Young.

There are not 2 QBs atop the Panther board right now--only 1.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1