• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best chance of finding a QB?

AU-panther

17 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Say we trade 3 1st to move up to #1.

Worst case scenario the QB we draft is a bust. It takes about 3 years to see what you truly have at QB. By that time we will have control of our 1st rd pick again.

Best case scenario we hit on the QB and have our franchise QB for the next 10+ years.

It's a gamble im willing to take because we have failed repeatedly taking on other teams used QB's.

It's easy to say gamble when it's not your career on the line. That's why we have to evaluate so thoroughly. If they do all that evaluation and feel one of these guys is head and shoulders above the rest and is worth it, then by all means go for it. If there's 3 that they feel are all about the same, you have to reevaluate that willingness to trade to 1. If Fitts trades up and this QB busts, he's likely out of a job. I'm sure that's playing back there in his mind somewhere in all of this.

I really want to develop our own QB. But if there's anything all these trade up for top QBs has taught us, it's that it's not about getting the first one, it's about getting the right one. For the first time, I actually have confidence we can draft AND develop a QB.  

• Beer 1