• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's fuggin goooooooo!!!

Zod

Saw someone on the Raiders board mention that the Panthers were now looking to trade down. Obviously I have no idea who this person is or where they got their information but a trade down to 2 or 3 would make me feel a lot better about moving up, personally. Don't love losing our 1st in 24 and 25 and our 2nd this year when we have no receivers. 

If the Texans really love Young, as has been presumed, we need them to believe that some other team does as well and is trying to trade up. 

Some speculate that we traded up for Richardson which would make a trade back down make sense, but probably not until draft day so we don't get leap frogged again. I don't think any QB in this draft is worth what we gave up so this is the only way I can make it make sense. 

Drake Maye? Absolutely worth it. Caleb Williams? Yeah. The four guys in this draft? No.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Saw someone on the Raiders board mention that the Panthers were now looking to trade down. Obviously I have no idea who this person is or where they got their information but a trade down to 2 or 3 would make me feel a lot better about moving up, personally. Don't love losing our 1st in 24 and 25 and our 2nd this year when we have no receivers. 

If the Texans really love Young, as has been presumed, we need them to believe that some other team does as well and is trying to trade up. 

Some speculate that we traded up for Richardson which would make a trade back down make sense, but probably not until draft day so we don't get leap frogged again. I don't think any QB in this draft is worth what we gave up so this is the only way I can make it make sense. 

Drake Maye? Absolutely worth it. Caleb Williams? Yeah. The four guys in this draft? No.

You really think we gave away DJ Moore just to trade down?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 3/11/2023 at 4:31 PM, Ocpanthertew714 said:

it's 2023 my guy... your Aunt can still be your uncle.

The More You Know Kitty GIF

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

We didn't loose our 1st in 25. It is a second. 

• Pie 1

I mean, we finally ",won" at something. I understand some are worried about the cost, but I'll be dammed if it don't feel good to win. It's crazy to keep doing the same thing expecting different results. We know we have a talented defense and are closer to being able to transition to this 3-4 than most people think. 

Solid offensive line that knows how to ground and pound. The compliment to any young QB. Trade up, get a QB on a rookie deal, then use that money the first few years to put a foundation around him. 

I like Lamar, but even he has question marks. If we were not going to give Watson a fully guaranteed deal...no way we fork it over for Lamar. Having a QB on a rookie deal gives us an opportunity to see how this contract turns out. Will be setting the bar for us in a few years.

11 hours ago, Tbe said:

You really think we gave away DJ Moore just to trade down?

To trade down one spot and get another 2nd pick while still getting the QB we wanted? Then we get a guy like Mims on a rookie deal and Stroud on a rookie deal?

Yeah, I could see us doing that. I'd actually recommend us doing that because it clears up cap for us to get defensive pieces for the 3-4 while allowing us to get guys like Mims and a TE like Will Mallory.

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's in fact possible to not slurp every decision made and somehow still not be a bandwagon fan. 

It is. But if you hate every decision and think it’s not possible for the team to make a good decision, then why continue?

• Poo 1