• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Confused Why Some Seem to Think We Got Fleeced

Daddy_Uncle

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly the price doesn't feel THAT extreme. I think both teams can feel pretty good about the deal they made. Now it's time to see how it all plays out. Sometimes the "winners" of a trade end up not winning when it's all said and done. The Chargers got an absolute haul from the Giants for Manning and hit some home runs with those picks but when it was all said and done the Giants won two SBs and the Chargers rarely kade any noise in the postseason.  Gimme them rangs.

I probably rechecked the trade terms about twenty times 😄

Couldn't believe we got the #1 for what was quoted, but it's true.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I probably rechecked the trade terms about twenty times 😄

Couldn't believe we got the #1 for what was quoted, but it's true.

I don't think either team got fleeced. I do think a lot of this fanbase significantly underestimates DJ Moore's value and that might lead them to believe that we fleeced the Bears.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think either team got fleeced. I do think a lot of this fanbase significantly underestimates DJ Moore's value and that might lead them to believe that we fleeced the Bears.

Remember a couple folks saying we got "raped" in the deal. To me, this doesn't even qualify as someone telling an offensive joke in front of us.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer seems to be good at those.

Handy skill to have, too. Teams like to trade with you when that happens.

Due to previous trades/picks, I'm not quite on onboard the "Fitterer is a good GM" express just yet.

However, Panthers management likes to tell us these sort of decisions are a collaborative effort and I have no reason to doubt that. 

So, what I'm willing to say is this: 

Fitterer and Tepper are now keeping company with a much more knowledgeable group of collaborators.

Hopefully, that makes for much better results from here on out. 

• Beer 1

The Bears traded a first, a fourth, and a fifth to move from 20 to 11 to take the 4th QB in a draft.

The 49ers traded 2 firsts and a third to move from 12 to 3 to take the 3rd QB in a draft.

We traded a first, 2 seconds, and DJ Moore to move from 9 to 1 and take the first QB off the board.

And some of y’all are actually complaining lol.

• Pie 3