• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Bluetooth said:

Of course, and getting it done before FA so you could sign his replacement(Parrish) was well orchestrated on the FO.IMO

Yeah, that would be one of our motivations to get the deal done early. But I'm not convinced it was with a specific WR replacement in mind. 

Looks like we are waiting on Bozeman and Foreman and, after signing these two today, I am not sure how much more we can do, saving $10m for draft picks.  Lotta unknowns right now. 

However, it looks as if we can enter the draft needing QB, WR, TE, and depth.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Looks like we are waiting on Bozeman and Foreman and, after signing these two today, I am not sure how much more we can do, saving $10m for draft picks.  Lotta unknowns right now. 

Yep look for 1 QB, 1 TE, and 2 WRs to be drafted. 

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Honestly the only thing I'm worried about is lack of offensive weapons. I don't like the idea of banking on 2nd round+ rookies or a TMJ breakout season.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, travisura said:

Honestly the only thing I'm worried about is lack of offensive weapons. I don't like the idea of banking on 2nd round+ rookies or a TMJ breakout season.

I'm afraid that if they are going to want something better at wr they will have to make trade for one. The draft is light at wr this year and FA is pretty bad.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm afraid that if they are going to want something better at wr they will have to make trade for one. The draft is light at wr this year and FA is pretty bad.

Slayton or Campbell are kind of the only half decent option (Lazard is likely following AR to NYJ)

Best case is something like trading for Courtland Sutton, landing Slayton, drafting Downs/Hyatt, and a later dude like Tyler Scott/Reed/Wilson/etc.  Match that up with TMJ, Shenault, & Shi, one or two is bound to click.  

Maybe a guy like Haynes is the right trade piece to consider for landing a proven commodity?

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the WR comes via trade.

Broncos are the team to watch with Sutton/Jeudy.

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Slayton or Campbell are kind of the only half decent option (Lazard is likely following AR to NYJ)

Best case is something like trading for Courtland Sutton, landing Slayton, drafting Downs/Hyatt, and a later dude like Tyler Scott/Reed/Wilson/etc.  Match that up with TMJ, Shenault, & Shi, one or two is bound to click.  

Maybe a guy like Haynes is the right trade piece to consider for landing a proven commodity?

Man figuring out how to clean up the void DJ left is above my pay grade. We were already looking for someone to compliment him and now we don't have him. The draft is a crap shoot and FA is filled with no. 2 and 3 WR's.  Fitterer is going to earn his money fixing this mess.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

We have over $120M in cap next year.  Possibilities are endless.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Let's sign Jacobi Meyes and call it a day.

Hell no!

Cmon Jimmy I expected beter from you. This guy will be overpaid he's probably the best WR on the market but he's a low end #2 WR at best. No need to spend big money on that kind of WR.

What about trading for Sutton or Jeudy from the Broncos?

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Hell no!

Cmon Jimmy I expected beter from you. This guy will be overpaid he's probably the best WR on the market but he's a low end #2 WR at best. No need to spend big money on that kind of WR.

What about trading for Sutton or Jeudy from the Broncos?

I'm looking him up and he put up very similar numbers to DJ Moore while playing 3 less games.  He is only one year older than DJ also.  Offer him a contract similar to Moore's and see what happens.  Draft another WR/TE at 39 and we suddenly have at least respectable weapons for our rookie.  

• Pie 1