• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

Based off Sporttac and the reported contract’s we have a little over 7 mil left to sign people. That does not include any money saved from the Shaq restructure because I haven’t seen details on it.  Hopefully extend burns too to save a bit. Sign Campbell then Hurst/Geiski and let’s go get our QB

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Carl being awfully quiet after talking a lot of crap about how incompetent the FO was a few days ago...

He could go a little off on the Bell #s, dont dare say anything bad about the boze #s tho.......

Hating the owner and GM, not going change any of the moves. Like others its 5 years of pain coming out, goodluck mods.....

4 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Based off Sporttac and the reported contract’s we have a little over 7 mil left to sign people. That does not include any money saved from the Shaq restructure because I haven’t seen details on it.  Hopefully extend burns too to save a bit. Sign Campbell then Hurst/Geiski and let’s go get our QB

And when we cut Eiflen into oblivion we’ll have even more

• Pie 1

If you had told me that we would sign a starting DL, a starting S, and a starting C for a combined $20m per year (rough average)-on the first day of tampering, I would not have believed you. 

I would have assumed something closer to $30m  (Bozeman about $9-11m, Bell about $10m, and Shy for about $7-8m

Foreman is still yet to be signed, which means we probably lowballed him a bit ($3-4m)--

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Not allowing the shaq money to be seen, thats smart....dont let the agent know how much is truly available...

I dont see how they could sign some top 4 TE, unless its some 7 year deal......

(i bet the agents know..)

10 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

What you think we do at WR?

Trade for one of the Broncos WR's would be nice.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If you had told me that we would sign a starting DL, a starting S, and a starting C for a combined $20m per year (rough average)-on the first day of tampering, I would not have believed you. 

I would have assumed something closer to $30m  (Bozeman about $9-11m, Bell about $10m, and Shy for about $7-8m

Foreman is still yet to be signed, which means we probably lowballed him a bit ($3-4m)--

Not a bad day. Im still curious what we will do at WR and TE.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Yea, I can not speak much on shy. I do like Bell as a player, high on him draft and hes been earning the starting spot for years. The numbers, tad high for my taste...speaking for a safety.....I think that was one of the parts of panthers they alway got right- dont pay safety(unless its minter)......bell is just like mint, leader and good person overall. 

Boze was the best signing of ANYONE today. 10/10 here.  

Plus I looked down at the failcons and what they gave to a safety, LOLLLlllllololollol. Glad they still dont have any DE/edge help, plus their WRs and RBs are panther-like too...

I have not figured out tampon bay signing dean while 55 million over the cap....

• Pie 1