• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

54 minutes ago, joemac said:

Seeing A LOT of smoke on social media today that we’re about to make a trade for Hunter Renfrow….

Wouldn't be against trading for him, but I'd be pretty frustrated if we gave up any decent assets for him instead of going after Hopkins, Sutton, Jeudy, or Elijah Moore.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Pretty good week overall of signings but it's worrying that we still have a glaring hole at WR that wasn't patched up during the first week of free agency.  

I have a feeling they have something planned to go down soon

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I have a feeling they have something planned to go down soon

I agree. You look at the way all these new contracts are structured with low cap hits this year and the fact that they're still doing restructures it does seem to indicate that they're at least going to attempt to do something with that cap space beyond just signing a few more backups in free agency.

• Pie 1

Someone i wouldn’t mind us targeting - Eagles Quez Watkins. Lightning fast and produces despite being behind Brown and Smith.  The Eagles have salary cap issues and clearing his 2.8M cap hit would help them.  Getting him for a 4th or 5th rounder is a possibility 

• Pie 2

Just now, Smithers said:

There are a lot of receivers being rumored as trade targets - no one saw the AJ Brown trade coming last year.  Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s another shocking target being shopped this go around.   

Keenan Allen? Tyler Boyd? Michael Pittman? Stefon Diggs? Tyler Lockett? 

17 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Keenan Allen? Tyler Boyd? Michael Pittman? Stefon Diggs? Tyler Lockett? 

Diggs just restructured his contract, so you can scratch him off the list.  

Tyler Boyd is in the final year of his contract, and the bengals would have saved a lot of money to get a free agent if they had traded him before the start of FA. So this seems unlikely. There is no incentive for the bengals to trade him.

It would cost the Seahawks 25 million in dead cap to trade Lockett this year… that’s not gonna happen.

Keenan Allen restructured two weeks ago, and trading him would cost the chargers more than it would keeping him on the roster…  by a large margin.  40 milllion in dead/lost cap!!!!

michael Pittman….. that is a possibility though…. I just don’t think the colts would offer for him for anything lesss than a 2nd… not sure he is worth that tbh.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Hardman isn’t liking the offers he’s getting. Which is why he remains a FA

Teams view him as a one trick pony hence him tweeting out him running actual routes 

If you can’t breakout and live up to your potential with Mahomes as your QB, you’re likely not as good as your potential might seem to indicate.

just sayin

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1