• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB: “No doubt in my mind” they pick Bryce Young

Cary Kollins

On 3/15/2023 at 7:42 AM, frankw said:

Injuries and career longevity are different things. You really think a guy smaller than Corral is eyeing a 12-15 year career? He'll be lucky to last 8-10.

Corral is like the same weight as Young but four inches taller, he is definitely skinnier than Bryce.

13 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Corral is like the same weight as Young but four inches taller, he is definitely skinnier than Bryce.

Idk if anything they are similar weight. Young clearly has much more talent than him but both are going to be susceptible to injuries that could affect their career length if they don't add some weight. Not sure why this is a controversial notion but ohwell.

On 3/14/2023 at 10:35 PM, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

If we pick Stroud some will have a melt down worse than Chernobyl.

No matter who we pick, some will have a meltdown.

This is the Huddle.

We really don't have to have a reason to meltdown. Sometimes we even manage a full-blown China Syndrome chain reaction meltdown.

And then things go back to normal.

It's what we do. It's a thing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 3/14/2023 at 7:03 PM, Cary Kollins said:

The original two glove QB David Carr is convinced we take Bryce Young. He goes on to say how the game has changed to favor offenses and he’s not concerned with Young’s size. 

All aboard the Bryce train baby. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/david-carr-s-best-nfl-team-fits-for-top-2023-draft-qbs

It would not surprise me if they do take Bryce 

I remember Reich glowed about him ie his calmness and playmaking abilities, last month I think 

guy is a midget but if the brain trust thinks he is the guy, he is the guy.

we will just be annoyed at another rebuild with a different coaching staff and lost draft picks if it doesn’t pan out

they will lose their jobs and reputations 

let’s be positive that whoever they pick will be good to great 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I do see some Aaron Rodgers in his game. That ability to feel pressure, get out of the pocket while continuing to look downfield to throw is what AR made a career out of.

• Beer 1

On 3/14/2023 at 10:03 PM, Cary Kollins said:

The original two glove QB David Carr is convinced we take Bryce Young. He goes on to say how the game has changed to favor offenses and he’s not concerned with Young’s size. 

All aboard the Bryce train baby. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/david-carr-s-best-nfl-team-fits-for-top-2023-draft-qbs

So because David says it, it must be true.

Okay.  

NOT!

Edited by glenwo2

On 3/20/2023 at 1:40 PM, Khyber53 said:

No matter who we pick, some will have a meltdown.

This is the Huddle.

We really don't have to have a reason to meltdown. Sometimes we even manage a full-blown China Syndrome chain reaction meltdown.

And then things go back to normal.

It's what we do. It's a thing.

You know what?   You're right.

Not everyone will be happy regardless of whom we pick.

I would be fine with either CJ or Bryce but I lean toward CJ being the pick than Bryce (as Height is something you just cannot teach.  sorry)

• Pie 1