• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does Fitt do at WR?

CamWhoaaCam

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is probably no coincidence that he has addressed all other needs except WR, the biggest need (aside from QB, which is handled).  That probably means he is working on some sort of trade.  I still expect a cheap signing--like Parris--but we may be trying to swap players, not picks.  That would necessitate waiting into free agency more than just signing free agents.  Who might be dangled as trade bait?  YGM, Chinn, Thomas, come to mind.  We shall see.

I predict the trade partner is Denver.

You getting me excited. Never thought about a player for player trade.

Maybe Chinn is involved?

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

We will sign a vet WR and draft one with our high second round pick. Leave Fitt alone the man has been absolutely killing it. Give the man time he has to sleep 

I wouldn’t put it past us to make some sort of package to get back into the lower first to grab a playmaker. All I know is Fitty is not done cookin quite yet. 

576DE6EC-61BE-436C-BD58-4A2294CB3606.jpeg

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

I wouldn’t put it past us to make some sort of package to get back into the lower first to grab a playmaker. All I know is Fitty is not done cookin quite yet. 

576DE6EC-61BE-436C-BD58-4A2294CB3606.jpeg

If you do that, you get back in high enough to get JSN to pair him with Stroud.

• Pie 1

Here's a thought.....

If the Jets sign Odell like Rodgers wants, let's try and go get Elijah Moore from them, he'd be their 4th WR at that point and likely available at that point.  And honestly would likely just sign Cobb to be their 4th at that point anyways.

Then give him #2 and all those DJ jersey's become wearable again haha

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 4

33 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I just don’t know how many vets want to play for a rookie qb 

See what Houston wants for cooks, but I’m not sure what his beef with the Texans was about

sutton would be a nice big target for us but a 1st is too rich for my blood, especially with the acl injury recently 

ideally you want a decent vet wr so you’re not shopping hungry in the 2nd round 

It’s not just any rookie QB. It’s either Bryce Young or CJ Stroud. The next 2 franchise guys in the league. You never know…

Trade #39 for Jeudy.

Draft Tillman or AT Perry.

Maybe Parris takes a bit less to come here w/ Reich.

We still have options. I'd say we've been spoiled these past 72 hours...still lots of time. 

I do think we are out on the more higher price guys like Chark, Hardman, etc. 

Agree w/ MHS that we've addressed everything EXCEPT our biggest glaring need after losing DJ.....seems a bit backwards.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

It’s not just any rookie QB. It’s either Bryce Young or CJ Stroud. The next 2 franchise guys in the league. You never know…

Exactly, I think we'd actually be a VERY attractive landing spot for Hopkins in particular.

Right off the bat, he's from South Carolina and went to Clemson.

But beyond that, it's well known that the path in the NFL right now is to build a team around a QB on a rookie deal to make a SB run and we're about to draft one #1 overall, aka, the "next big thing" you'd hope.  If we trade for Hopkins and then sign him to a 2 year extension to be able to lower his cap number, he can look at being here for 3-4 years, his age 31-34 seasons.

He'll know that in year 1 while he's still as close to his peak as possible, that he'll be by far the QB's main target and should be able to put up impressive stats.  Smitty had his his 3rd best yardage and TDs numbers in Cam's rookie year.

We have a real nice core group of players right now and are about to add the #1 pick,  we might be a year or two away still of filling holes, buy ideally should be legit contenders in that 3rd and 4th year.  Even if he's lost a step by then, he'll be a great #2 and I don't think he'd take issue to being the #2 WR on a SB contending team while playing close to home.

• Pie 1