• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Depth Chart as of 3/16/23 (The way I see it, for now)

MHS831

Looking at this we really need some OL depth. We had to cut Pat but man is it bare behind our starting 5. Our starting 5 is incredible and I'm thrilled about it but especially with BC and Corbett coming off somewhat serious injuries we need some depth. Mays is fine but the other 2 are not. Wonder if we bring back Erving, we could do much worse for backup OT than him and he should come cheap.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Looking at this we really need some OL depth. We had to cut Pat but man is it bare behind our starting 5. Our starting 5 is incredible and I'm thrilled about it but especially with BC and Corbett coming off somewhat serious injuries we need some depth. Mays is fine but the other 2 are not. Wonder if we bring back Erving, we could do much worse for backup OT than him and he should come cheap.

Yes, if we lose a T, we'd have to pull BC outside and probably put Cade Mays at LG.  Sorta like we did Travelle Wharton, but I think that puts you at a disadvantage because you have 1 injury and get weaker at 2 positions.

• Pie 2

I think Reich is taking a similar approach to building this team as they did in Philly 2016.  They picked up Wentz in the draft, had a decent line, rb, te and defense, but the wrs were weak.  The roster had many holes which were all addressed in year 2, where they won the superbowl.  

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yes, if we lose a T, we'd have to pull BC outside and probably put Cade Mays at LG.  Sorta like we did Travelle Wharton, but I think that puts you at a disadvantage because you have 1 injury and get weaker at 2 positions.

The OL was a 4-5 year project to overhaul. Still in process. 

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It's starting to form a decent looking roster.  We just need to address our WR group and some depth?  

thats wrong man. I was told back in mid February that we had no depth and were one of the worst rosters in the league.  Bc Feb rosters = final rosters.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Fair assessment for the most part. 

YGM seems a bit like an odd man out IMO.  Do wonder if we've tried to send him elsewhere this offseason.

Not really fast enough to be an edge rusher. Don't know that he's good enough inside to be a 3-4 DE.

Definitely a question mark...

27 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Shaq Thompson and Chinn Tandem are TINY for 3-4. We need to start thinking about Shaqs future and rumors were that we were.

We just re-worked Shaq's contract so he's staying here. And his size really isn't an issue for 3-4 ILB. Chinn is small but he's a playmaker near the LoS and we'll find somewhere to put him where he'll have way more success than he has had the past couple years miscast as a FS.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really fast enough to be an edge rusher. Don't know that he's good enough inside to be a 3-4 DE.

Definitely a question mark...

I suppose he could work as a rotational DE in Evero's scheme, but I'm unsure how his above-avg run defense holds up in a 3-4 vs. 4-3.  Think he's just out of place but I've been wrong before 🙂 

• Pie 1