• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich description of his future QB!

Ivory Panther

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

He literally says his size is a concern 

Yeah, but in a more general sense. He also intimated that size is not necessarily the determining factor as to whether or not you draft a guy and/or whether he'll be successful in the league.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I hope this is sarcasm and I just can see it through text....

It is sarcasm. But not all QB prospects have concerns either. Look at Brees and what he did with his size and he took team to SB and won it and same goes for Wilson in a very short period. Both are short but managed to pull it off with little difficulty.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 things--he said "He checks a lot of boxes", and admitted size is an issue.  Furthermore, he uses  Brees and Russell Wilson as his examples of high performing QBs---

second and a third round picks

He did NOT reference the only 5'10" QB ever taken first overall--K. Murray.  Why not, I wonder?  I think he was not going to make a statement that suggested that he was thinking of Young from the perspective of the first overall pick, he was comparing him to QBs who defied the odds. 

Edited by MHS831

Size is a concern, however big, tall, strong QBs also get hurt. I think he has proven that he can be a great QB, what's going to separate him from the others is his football acumen during personal interviews. I saw an interview where Daniel Jeremiah was talking with Pat McAfee and there are reports that Young has the right attitude, football intelligence, and maturation to be a franchise QB.

Young was watching tape on Sundays after their games on Sat and going to coaches and giving them a game plan. His work ethic and drive reminds me of Luke being a film rat and know all of the offenses plays. Luke ended his career because of concussions even being in top physical shape. I would rather have 5-7 years of hall of fame production compared to 10 years of average play. 

• Pie 1