• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Pro Day

ForJimmy

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

Folks who get fooled by Pro Days tend to fall for the Zach Wilson’s of the world. 

When it comes to QB's, teams really should show up to pro days, talk to the player, watch him as he moves around the room and how he handles himself.

And then just leave before the workout

Those things are so scripted that it's near impossible for a QB to look bad, you're not going to learn anything new in watching them workout in that type of environment.  But you absolutely can learn about who they are as a person and a leader by watching how they handle the room and that's really all you can learn about QB's at these things.

3 hours ago, frankw said:

This is supposed to be our guy for the next decade or more. All things should be considered. Most people want to see him throw even if they have questions about his frame. This thread will inevitably be 20 or more pages. Get some popcorn and enjoy the show.

Skinny Pop Sarang Cho GIF - Skinny Pop Sarang Cho - Discover & Share GIFs

6 minutes ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

For the ones taking these pro days so seriously. Do you realize there’s no pass rush coming at them during pro days. No reading coverages?  Hell, Johnny Manziel and Zach Wilson lit up their pro days. Any average college QB with a good arm can look good at a pro day. Who cares. It doesn’t matter. 

Pretty sure everybody knows they’re working out in shorts. Nobody’s forcing you to be here Francis.

People are wishy washy on Stroud and Young. There are very few, at this point, who wants Levis or AR. Folks might get excited over Levis and AR’s pro days, but for the most part, the overwhelming majority will still want Stroud or Young.

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Damn, I just don’t know. I like both guys. Smitty’s opinion means a lot to me so maybe Young is the way.

If I’m honest, he would be my favorite if he were bigger.

If he was bigger, the Bears would have been trading Fields and would take Young themselves.

His frame just can't be discounted when evaluating him, it's not the ultimate reasoning for anything or else he'd be a mid round pick, but when there is another prospect that is equally as good, but 5 inches taller and at least 20 lbs heavier (again, I don't believe Young's combine weight was anything other than a good 15 lbs of extra water weight), you gotta go with the QB more likely to hold up to the wear and tear of an NFL career.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

People are wishy washy on Stroud and Young. There are very few, at this point, who wants Levis or AR. Folks might get excited over Levis and AR’s pro days, but for the most part, the overwhelming majority will still want Stroud or Young.

Hold On Wait GIF by filmeditor