• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Pro Day

ForJimmy

35 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

you conveniently ignored the Drew Brees part. he was never thick with muscle, neither were brady or manning.

9A3CEE7A-A550-4A95-92F9-5E04DDD70F7D.jpeg

Might be hard to tell under all that baggy clothing, but he came in at 6' and 213 lbs at the combine, which likely was his playing weight at the time and I think we all agree, Young isn't playing at his combine weight and is 2" shorter on top of the 9 lbs difference there and likely 20ish lbs actual difference.

That's why I go back to the frame, he's just small and I don't like banking our future on him being one of the 4 or 5 successful sub 6 foot QB's in NFL history, when he's both the shortest and also the smallest framed/weighted of all of them as well.

Essentially if Young kept getting a little thicker over the years like they did, he might reach the weight those guys were at coming into the league, that's not insignificant.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Essentially if Young kept getting a little thicker over the years like they did, he might reach the weight those guys were at coming into the league, that's not insignificant.

this is the point i was making. he’ll add good weight, not just water weight, as his body matures through his 20s. he should have no problem getting to 200ish. he won’t be 220, but i think he’ll be big enough so that his superior mental aspects will separate him.

20 hours ago, ECHornet said:

You didn’t watch him throw. Clearly. 

The poster was misleading with his description of Bryce’s throws. A couple were outright drops and two others hit the roof. That equates to Bryce struggled with the deep ball?? lol no and do better 

It really comes down to a precision passer versus someone who can improvise. I get that Stroud didn't leave the pocket much but he didn't have to. When he did against UGA he ended up throwing two touchdowns.

10 years ago, Young is a 3rd or 4th round pick. I think he's still worth that range, personally. Stroud is just a dude who could drop a needle into a thimble from 40 yards away. 

6 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

this is the point i was making. he’ll add good weight, not just water weight, as his body matures through his 20s. he should have no problem getting to 200ish. he won’t be 220, but i think he’ll be big enough so that his superior mental aspects will separate him.

Superior to whom? Have you watched Stroud play? Have you seen Josh's breakdown of Stroud's tape? Their mental processing is nearly equal and Stroud is a pinpoint passer. He makes those Pro Day throws in live games, over and over and over.

Give me Stroud over Young and even give me Levis over Young. Levis is going to be that guy who drops but ends up being really good. You can mark that down. 

9 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

So you want him to eventually get to where guys like Brees and Wilson were at when they were rookies, and you think that's going to be big enough for him to hold up physically for a 12-15 year career?!?!?!

NO CHANCE

And that's my point, his frame is so small, he doesn't have wide shoulders or hips to where he could easily add enough weight that he just fills out his frame, like those other guys did.  He has a slim frame, you can only add so much "good weight" to a frame like that, and I don't think it will be enough for the long term.

I don't want to draft a QB for the next 5 years, I want to draft one for the next 15 years.