• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Pro Day

ForJimmy

In all honesty, if Bryce was 3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier, no one would be having as much of a debate. But he isn't. And most forget the one thing that has elevated his play substantially is having a former NFL OC and HC as his coordinator. He should look polished on film and does. But none of that changes the fact he doesn't have the size to stay healthy in a league of seek and destroy missiles. You cam hope and wish all you want, but it isn't going to change his measurables.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This link should start from the beginning

Great video. Some of the hits at the end were scary. He threw some great intermediate lasers. Arm strength doesn't look like a concern. Oh and to my haters, I'm not trying to act like I know the answers, I loved Collins, Weinke, Pickles, Mayfield. I love Stroud right now so we probably should take the little guy!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, bobcat91 said:

But none of that changes the fact he doesn't have the size to stay healthy in a league of seek and destroy missiles

What's them winning lottery ticket numbers Mrs Cleo? Your "fact" is an opinion and nothing more. Nobody knows if Young or anyone with "ideal size" will be able to stay healthy or not in the NFL after getting drafted. The league protects QBs more and more every year. They're not quite NBA bad with the you can't touch the star fouls yet, but they're getting there. What is fact is that Young played in the toughest college league for three years and missed one game while taking hits from NFL sized players. He's shown he's tough and can take a hit or avoid contact with his small size. The size thing is way overblown on here.

• Beer 5

1 minute ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Great video. Some of the hits at the end were scary. He threw some great intermediate lasers. Arm strength doesn't look like a concern. Oh and to my haters, I'm not trying to act like I know the answers, I loved Collins, Weinke, Pickles, Mayfield. I love Stroud right now so we probably should take the little guy!

He is definitely tough for his size and as weird as it sounds he takes hits well.  He seems to kind of give himself up and absorb the blows.  I just hope he can do that with NFL players hitting him without any issues...

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is definitely tough for his size and as weird as it sounds he takes hits well.  He seems to kind of give himself up and absorb the blows.  I just hope he can do that with NFL players hitting him without any issues...

You're right, it's like a drunk in a car crash.

Edited by SmittysLawnGuy
  • Pie 3

25 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

First. I acknowledge that Bryce Young's frame is a concern and if he was 6"4 225, it wouldn't be a debate on who the consensus top QB is.

Now that's out of the way. The frustration that I have about durability concerns is when does a player's tape and injury history come into effect. Typically past behavior is the best indicator of future success.

Bryce Young played two years in the SEC - a conference littered with NFL defensive talent. I know players in the NFL are bigger and faster. My point is he played to the closest level to NFL competition and missed one game as a starter. 

Unless you have Patrick Mahomes, SB windows are probably 2-3 years in a decade window. I think Young is best ready to be a Day 1 starter and get the Panthers into playoffs year 1. 

• Pie 1