• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

33 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I think many fans under estimate how much preparation & smart did to take players like Brady, Brees, Kuechly from good to all time great.

This part of Bryce is the secret sauce!

The Head Coach is always going to big up his prospect - he wants to sell that he had the #1 overall pick to the next recruiting class.

To me the knock on Young is that I don't think he can see the middle of the field and he has an average arm. So many of his plays are ones where he misses the routine throw across the middle and has to scramble to make a highlight reel play. That doesn't scream someone that's two steps ahead of the defence... unless he literally can't see over the Oline. 

• Pie 5
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Ok, so u can tell me with certainty that CJ will last longer than Bryce?

if not, then u r still taking a chance. 

Didn’t say he is invincible lol. What the shoulder due to lack of size?

he missed 1 game.

quinton Ewers injured his shoulder last yr missing more games than Bryce.

but at this point, if u don’t want Bryce, for size & such, I respect that. I don’t have any concerns there. 

Yea... so I'll just say it since there really isn't a nice way to say it......

The whole, "can you tell me with certainty that CJ will last longer than Bryce" is by far, the dumbest, most moronic, asinine argument anyone can make, not to mention lazy.

Let me ask you this... can you tell me with certainty that Bryce will be a better QB than CJ?

If not, then you're still taking a chance (see how that works?)

Again, nobody is saying his injury concern is the ultimate decision making factor, it's just all part of the equation that factors into your decision.

If it was Young vs AR15 or Levis, then you take Young and take on that risk of his frame holding up.  But when you have another prospect who is essentially already a toss up with Young in regards to actual football ability, the size factor is 100% something that can tip the scales in Stroud's favor.

• Pie 6
  • Poo 2

11 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Exactly. So you're saying that all of these idiots think that a guy who dominated in the SEC, against the best college competition, is going to have trouble in the NFL because he's small? Based on what data? That's some Matt Rhule analytics nonsense. 

BTW, Drew Brees played at like 15-20 lbs heavier and he turned out all right. 

As McAfee so eloquently puts it, the NFL is the all-stars of each class stacked on each other for a decade.

The SEC simply doesn't compare I'm afraid. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Lol, SEC…

Yeah and who was the best SEC defense last year?  I'm seeing 3 BIG10 teams ranked in the top 10 for defense and only UGA (who young didn't play and Stroud) listed outside of Alabama (who Young clearly didn't play).  So let's hear it?  Who was the best defense he played last year?

• Pie 2

Just now, OldhamA said:

As McAfee so eloquently puts it, the NFL is the all-stars of each class stacked on each other for a decade.

The SEC simply doesn't compare I'm afraid. 

Outside of UGA and Alabama (both teams Young didn't play last year) the SEC has a very down year in terms of defense.  The tough SEC schedule was definitely overhyped in terms of QB play last year.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

My point is, nobody knows, because there's not some pile of washed up blue chip college QBs who failed because they were 'too small.'

You guys touting measurables sound like a bunch of amateur phrenologists. So silly. 

It's literally why Young is not the sure first overall pick.  It's why the Bears were willing to trade away the pick.  It's why Vegas has Stroud as the current favorite, but sure we are overhyping it.....

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Yea... so I'll just say it since there really isn't a nice way to say it......

The whole, "can you tell me with certainty that CJ will last longer than Bryce" is by far, the dumbest, most moronic, asinine argument anyone can make, not to mention lazy.

Let me ask you this... can you tell me with certainty that Bryce will be a better QB than CJ?

If not, then you're still taking a chance (see how that works?)

Again, nobody is saying his injury concern is the ultimate decision making factor, it's just all part of the equation that factors into your decision.

If it was Young vs AR15 or Levis, then you take Young and take on that risk of his frame holding up.  But when you have another prospect who is essentially already a toss up with Young in regards to actual football ability, the size factor is 100% something that can tip the scales in Stroud's favor.

Lol, when Ppl don’t have arguments, They usually distract & deflect.

U making it seem like dude is going to get injured for sure.

I don’t know that, & u don’t know that, I’ll stick with facts. 

today, Bryce is the better QB & project better in the NFL compared to CJ for me. 

• Pie 2

If he's the pick so be it. There's plenty to like about his abilities. The thing I keep going back to is the frame. Skipping the weigh in is a big red flag and confirms he's 190ish at best on gamedays. He'll be okay for a time but eventually defenses will look to send him that welcome to the NFL message. If Sam Darnold can get rocked the way he did against the Falcons you can bet your ass eventually another defense will be waiting to do the same to our top pick QB if he runs with it. The refs will not be getting in between him and defenders. He's already banged up his throwing shoulder in the SEC. The OL with him behind center concerns me. Gotta shore up the OL depth even more with some of our other draft picks. We'll see.

• Pie 2

I’d be satisfied with Young but I want Stroud. “Small” QBs have had injury problems lately, like Murray and Tua and they’re both bigger. Stroud is also a better passer. The only thing Young is better at is scramble drills. But he’s still a good enough passer that I’d be happy with either. They’re roughly equal in the mental aspect, Stroud has an advantage in throwing ability and Young had an advantage in scrambling.  The gap is relatively small in both circumstances.  Even setting size concerns aside I’ll take the better thrower over the better scrambler, but if Young is the one Reich wants I’ll trust his decision. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’d be satisfied with Young but I want Stroud. “Small” QBs have had injury problems lately, like Murray and Tua and they’re both bigger. Stroud is also a better passer. The only thing Young is better at is scramble drills. But he’s still a good enough passer that I’d be happy with either. They’re roughly equal in the mental aspect, Stroud has an advantage in throwing ability and Young had an advantage in scrambling.  The gap is relatively small in both circumstances.  Even setting size concerns aside I’ll take the better thrower over the better scrambler, but if Young is the one Reich wants I’ll trust his decision. 

Same.  I'd prefer Stroud because I think he is safer and just as good of a prospect.  Young is still elite and if we draft him I'll be happy and just praying he holds up.  

• Pie 2