• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stroud or Young?

Daddy_Uncle

Stroud or Young?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want As Our Franchise QB?

6 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I go back and forth, but when I watch a game like this I start imagining that some front offices might have him rated as the third quarterback.

It does concern me that Stroud had on and off play until the last game of the season. There are countless examples of guys playing out of their minds for one game, then reverting back to their mean. If we go CJ, I hope that game wasn’t just a flash in the pan.

Edited by Cary Kollins

6 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I go back and forth, but when I watch a game like this I start imagining that some front offices might have him rated as the third quarterback.

First game of the season, lots of drops in the first half then they get things cleaned up and win the game in the 2nd half? I haven't seen any red flags from his supposed "bad" games

• Pie 2

Just now, Cary Kollins said:

It does concern me that Stroud had on and off play until the last game of the season. There are countless examples of guys playing out of their minds for one game, then regressing back and to their mean. If we go CJ, I hope that game wasn’t just a flash in the pan.

Yeah, Stroud is driving me insane. In this game he just refuses to climb the pocket. Sure, the defensive line is getting pressure, but you have to stand tall and work with what you got. In this instance he bails on the pocket so often that it reminds me of watching Kenny Pickett's tape from last year.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

First game of the season, lots of drops in the first half then they get things cleaned up and win the game in the 2nd half? I haven't seen any red flags from his supposed "bad" games

You don't see him nervously bailing on the pocket over and over, and missing easy throws because he might be tackled? It's the first game of the season, but what does that mean about his mentality if when the lights in college come on he has the yips. How does that translate to the NFL where everyone is bigger, stronger, faster, and your lineman are usually not?

Edited by Krovvy
  • Beer 1