• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me Turner or Verse at #39

Jmac

That would put the icing on the cake. Find a guy to pair with Burns and let them both loose. The top four edge rushers in the draft are all quality, Turner or Verse are probably the top two. Hopefully one of them will fall to the cats.

That would make this draft and F.A one of the best they have ever had. Add the shiny new toy at Q.B, and they are good to go.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Jmac said:

That would put the icing on the cake. Find a guy to pair with Burns and let them both loose. The top four edge rushers in the draft are all quality, Turner or Verse are probably the top two. Hopefully one of them will fall to the cats.

That would make this draft and F.A one of the best they have ever had. Add the shiny new toy at Q.B, and they are good to go.

If you’d be just a little more vague, I’d understand who you’re talking about. Please and thank you. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Surely you’re not talking about Jared Verse? 

The same Jared Verse that said he was going back to school months ago

He did say that didn't he....next man up. This draft has a few to step in and fill his spot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• we got spoiled having superman and even then...he wasn't enough. superman was a fluke. there are incredibly unrealistic expectations for a first round QB, especially a first overall pick. people look at the short term, first year, rather than what you might get the next 10 and they also think that what you see the first year or two is what you get the rest of the time.  it just doesn't work like that. these guys are all young and a work in progress. you draft on potential. what it takes to reach that potential is different for everyone and it all depends on the situation they fall into, the player pieces around them, the scheme they either put him in or develop around him (the latter is better), and the coaching they give him. then there's also the work the player has to put into it. the work they put into is is the only thing they can control. the rest is just luck. 
    • I actually agree with everything you've said here. My comment was directed to the posters who feel the need to derail threads with the same Bryce talking points over and over again. It's just tiresome, even if what they're saying has some truth to it.
    • That's not totally the case. It is hard to discuss future without a crystal ball, you look at the past the to assess and project, and there is a lot of on field negative from year one. Some people say throw it out. You can’t dismiss things that were on him and not the OL or Reich or Chark or Mingo etc., if you want the real story.  That footwork is not just people picking on him, it is probably a huge barrier to his potential success. All the passing comes from a base and if it is off the throws are hard to trust.  OTA optimism is fools gold tbh. It buys nothing. We have seen the skins and shirts all stars enough times to know what that is. We will need real football at real football game speed which we won’t get even in preseason.  That said I expect him to somehow make his way to somewhere in QB tiers or rankings to maybe low 20s. Gotta win 6 at least for that.  My opinion is if they can make a playoff run with a 4th tier QB then fine but I’d just as soon go over to the side of those who for years held out for a QB capable of taking the team to and winning a SB. I am not thinking he is that guy so far but taking this year to find out is necessary.