• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You never take the guy who needs to be taught quarterbacking skills over the guy that already has them.

I don't care how big, strong or fast he is.

I agree. Richardson to me is Cam 2.0. Athletically superior to the other QBs in this draft but a project. The difference with Cam was he not was only similarly gifted physically but the best QB in 2011 draft. This time, there are a few NFL ready QBs whose skill set are ahead of Richardson at this point. Wouldn’t have been upset at all if we considered him at #9. At the top position we gotta go with Stroud or Young.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I agree. Richardson to me is Cam 2.0. Athletically superior to the other QBs in this draft but a project. The difference with Cam was he not was only similarly gifted physically but the best QB in 2011 draft. This time, there are a few NFL ready QBs whose skill set are ahead of Richardson at this point. Wouldn’t have been upset at all if we considered him at #9. At the top position we gotta go with Stroud or Young.

Agree with this--Cam had a lot of in the pocket and accuracy questions from pundits, but what people couldn't argue with was the fact that he came in and destroyed the SEC by himself in 1 year. 

Richardson did not.  The fact that he didn't elevate a UF team that leaves plenty to be desired I think validates some of the questions about the raw aspect to his talent, and for me, it plays similar to Trey Lance coming out where the raw intangibles and talent were very attractive but that it's unrealized to this point makes your point about him being a great value at 9, but too much of a gamble after trading up to 1.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

Agree with this--Cam had a lot of in the pocket and accuracy questions from pundits, but what people couldn't argue with was the fact that he came in and destroyed the SEC by himself in 1 year. 

Richardson did not.  The fact that he didn't elevate a UF team that leaves plenty to be desired I think validates some of the questions about the raw aspect to his talent, and for me, it plays similar to Trey Lance coming out where the raw intangibles and talent were very attractive but that it's unrealized to this point makes your point about him being a great value at 9, but too much of a gamble after trading up to 1.

I mean what have Young or Stroud won in College?

16 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

You think Richardson is throwing 400+ yards opening day? Yall completely downplay how fuging good Cam was. He put auburn on his back to a national championship. What did ar win at Florida? He ain't Cam he can be someone else's project

• Pie 6

3 minutes ago, toldozer said:

You think Richardson is throwing 400+ yards opening day? Yall completely downplay how fuging good Cam was. He put auburn on his back to a national championship. What did ar win at Florida? He ain't Cam he can be someone else's project

Not trying to downplay Cam at all. I was mainly referring to their similar athletic traits. Point being Richardson has the raw materials to be as good as Cam but too much of a gamble to take #1.