• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

3 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

you can't teach speed and size....  the rest can be taught by Reich, Dalton, Caldwell, Brown

Would not be surprised at the least AR15 is the pick

I disagree.   Processing speed cant be taught for example. 

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

I disagree.   Processing speed cant be taught for example. 

Passing accuracy isn't something you see a lot of improvement in either.

People will point to Josh Allen as an example but I don't really know how valid that is.

And to be clear completion percentage doesn't really measure accuracy. There's a lot of other factors in that number.

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

He's worth the wait. 

They didn’t give up what they did to trade up to #1 overall to draft a project. But hey, who knows what they’re thinking. 

I don’t dislike Richardson. He will probably have flashes of greatness in the NFL early in his career. His athleticism is off the charts. But there have been many QB prospects like him before that only have a good deep ball and running ability who flame out of the NFL before their second contract. If he was the pick at #9, I would have been fine with it. 

• The D 1

Like I said before there’s a real chance Richardson is on his 2nd or 3rd team before he puts it together, like Geno Smith. That’s not a player you draft #1 overall. 

I would say Richardson is a bit more raw than Fields coming out. I don’t want another run first, first read pass guy. I’m ready for great passing. That is what wins playoff games. Richardson is nowhere near the level of Cam Newton coming out of Auburn. Cam was a true dual threat until he got injured in 16/17. 

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

They didn’t give up what they did to trade up to #1 overall to draft a project. But hey, who knows what they’re thinking. 

I don’t dislike Richardson. He will probably have flashes of greatness in the NFL early in his career. His athleticism is off the charts. But there have been many QB prospects like him before that only have a good deep ball and running ability who flame out of the NFL before their second contract. If he was the pick at #9, I would have been fine with it. 

Dude, the last qb prospects close to Richardson was Cam Newton and Donavan McNabb. His floor is another Josh Allen.  His Ceiling is whatever he wants to be.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You think he only has a good deep ball and running ability?

Interesting...