• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young will be the best QB ever in Charlotte

Diehardpanth02

1 hour ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

This is my hot take. No disrespect Cameron Jarrell Newton. You changed the lives of us Panther fans. And Delhomme, man you came out of nowhere and put us on the map.

But Bryce, wee little ole Bryce. He's destined to be the black cat. Small. Almost too small. Very easily could be bad luck, but there is just something about the kid. He always manages to show up in the right moments.

Cam was hit or miss, some games he would take over and some games he would disappear. Almost Weird, when you think about it, with how big of a personality and electrifying he could be. But he fell short in the Superbowl..a common factor between him and Jake. Jake was lightning in a bottle. And while I love the guy, that's all I can say. They let us down. 

But Bryce was born for this. The last name. The timing, the situation, the boldness of our franchise to go after him. When nothing but doubt surrounding us we throw our entire franchise on the back of a kid who is smaller than the average man. It's almost heroic. The story sounds scripted.

But you know what. So was David in his battle vs Goliath. And just like David, Bryce will tackle this beast terrorizing our franchise since it's inception. And he's going to do it in the exact same way David did too. With precision. Davids pinpoint accuracy allowed him to hit Goliath square between his eyes, knocking him to the ground just long enough for David to decapitate him. Bryce has this same killer instinct. And we've never once witnessed this in Charlotte. His ability to read the defense, his commitment to being a student of the game. His pocket awareness. His football IQ is through the roof, and it all shows on tape. 

I admit, I was skeptical. I bought the pessimistic, and naive point of view that he might not be able to take a hit. But then I realized the kids been playing football his whole life. Made it to the top program in college football, who has had some huge names at the position..and left the school as the greatest QB to ever take a snap at such an iconic school. He's over adversity before. He's taken hits before. And he will again. As the Carolina Panthers New franchise QB. The one that finally takes care of business.

Oh yeah, and sorry. Cj just isn't that guy. Watch the film some more. And tell me who improvs more, who throws tds to the second read more. No disrespect to the guy..I wish him well. But if we take him it's a mistake.

And I'll hang on that take. And eat my plate of crowpie if it doesn't come to fruition. I'm all in on Bryce.

Bryce may not be that guy either. Both CJ and Bryce are pretty much on the equal playing field and both have their faults which can be corrected in time. Neither of these 2 QB's can guaranteed to make us a playoff/SB caliber team until the one we pick can prove that on the field of play.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

This is my hot take. No disrespect Cameron Jarrell Newton. You changed the lives of us Panther fans. And Delhomme, man you came out of nowhere and put us on the map.

But Bryce, wee little ole Bryce. He's destined to be the black cat. Small. Almost too small. Very easily could be bad luck, but there is just something about the kid. He always manages to show up in the right moments.

Cam was hit or miss, some games he would take over and some games he would disappear. Almost Weird, when you think about it, with how big of a personality and electrifying he could be. But he fell short in the Superbowl..a common factor between him and Jake. Jake was lightning in a bottle. And while I love the guy, that's all I can say. They let us down. 

But Bryce was born for this. The last name. The timing, the situation, the boldness of our franchise to go after him. When nothing but doubt surrounding us we throw our entire franchise on the back of a kid who is smaller than the average man. It's almost heroic. The story sounds scripted.

But you know what. So was David in his battle vs Goliath. And just like David, Bryce will tackle this beast terrorizing our franchise since it's inception. And he's going to do it in the exact same way David did too. With precision. Davids pinpoint accuracy allowed him to hit Goliath square between his eyes, knocking him to the ground just long enough for David to decapitate him. Bryce has this same killer instinct. And we've never once witnessed this in Charlotte. His ability to read the defense, his commitment to being a student of the game. His pocket awareness. His football IQ is through the roof, and it all shows on tape. 

I admit, I was skeptical. I bought the pessimistic, and naive point of view that he might not be able to take a hit. But then I realized the kids been playing football his whole life. Made it to the top program in college football, who has had some huge names at the position..and left the school as the greatest QB to ever take a snap at such an iconic school. He's over adversity before. He's taken hits before. And he will again. As the Carolina Panthers New franchise QB. The one that finally takes care of business.

Oh yeah, and sorry. Cj just isn't that guy. Watch the film some more. And tell me who improvs more, who throws tds to the second read more. No disrespect to the guy..I wish him well. But if we take him it's a mistake.

And I'll hang on that take. And eat my plate of crowpie if it doesn't come to fruition. I'm all in on Bryce.

Lazy take on CJ.  If you watch enough film, you will see that he is proficient at looking off the safety and going through his progressions.  He also can fit the ball in a tighter window and is more willing to push the ball downfield. He makes it look effortless, which you are mistaking for easy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

My biggest problem with Bryce is not his size but his arm strength.  He doesn't have enough zip on his ball to fit it into tight windows, and deep ball placement is awful for a top 10 QB

This is just absolute nonsense. I’ll take the size crap. Not this lazy crap.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Cam didnt let us down. Rivera, Shula, Hurney, Gettleman did dumbass.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, Sugar Greenwood said:

You can’t compare Jake’s Super Bowl performance to Cam’s.  The Ragin’ Cajun threw for over 300 yards with three TDs to zero interceptions.  He outplayed Tom Brady that night.  It definitely wasn’t his fault they came up short in that game.  I have the same amount of love for Cam, but he obviously wasn’t his best in SB 50.  As for Bryce Young…nah.

...kasay, that's all i'm going say

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Lazy take on CJ.  If you watch enough film, you will see that he is proficient at looking off the safety and going through his progressions.  He also can fit the ball in a tighter window and is more willing to push the ball downfield. He makes it look effortless, which you are mistaking for easy.

Not a lazy take. I wasn't dissecting film just having fun doing a write up.

CJs offense was more down the field. And I will give.you that. The man has very good.touch on deep balls. Very good. But I notice quite of a few of those type throws on a one step drop back. Which tells me it's a timing throw and not a read. Many of his throws down field looked that way. 

16 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Cam had his share of the responsibility too..he's not absolved. We can't sit here and act like he couldn't have gotten on that fumble.

If you're going to denigrate the only MVP in Panthers history you may want to adjust your expectations for whichever QB we take at 1.

• Pie 3