• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday night flexing and the Panthers

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well if you hate the Thursday night idea, you're gonna be really pissed if Florio is right...

i mean...   

i wana watch football every day of the week. I understand that its bad for the players. And I support them. 

that said, ill gladly watch any and all football and selfishly as a fan, the more nights a week theres football, the happier i am. 

• Poo 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's not wrong. But "what they're thinking about" is very obvious. Viewer ratings.

Clearly.

Either they're so out of touch with everyday fans and their concerns that they don't understand the consequences of things like this or they just don't give a sh-t.

(probably the latter)

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

i mean...   

i wana watch football every day of the week. I understand that its bad for the players. And I support them. 

that said, ill gladly watch any and all football and selfishly as a fan, the more nights a week theres football, the happier i am. 

Used to be like this, no more.

Can't afford the time drain, that said, this is going to lessen the product, and cause more injuries....again, it would be a hard NO from me.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

i mean...   

If you're somebody who just watches at home, this doesn't hurt you.

The fans who actually go to the games? Yeah, they get hurt.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is something that should be obvious to anybody with a brain.

And yet most NFL owners either seem to not know about it or not care enough about it to weigh it into their consideration.

Kudos to Mara at least for thinking of the fans. 

The brains focusing on this are not concerned about 70 thousand people in the stands. They are concentrating on how to get more than 7 million (my guess probably wrong) TV's to watch it.  I think the Thursday product is bad and they will do/try anything they can to improve it.

Not for it or against it, but I get the calculus. Piss off the minority of fans that go to games (who can just sell their tickets) and get millions of more viewers for these streamed games OR lose out on millions of more tv viewers to please 40,000 in-person viewers?

The bigger issue for me is fair competition when some team gets more Thur nights games than others.

37 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

I Googles it- flexing only pertains to week 14-17. Just don't schedule those games until week 12.

Exactly. There are millions of fans that watch the game. The handful of fans who are flying in for games that are inconvenienced pales in comparison to having good games that most fans will tune in for over Arizona versus Oakland when both teams are already eliminated.

Most people that attend games aren’t flying for games anyway. I’m kind of surprised by most of the responses in here that wouldn’t rather have a solid game on Thursday night. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're somebody who just watches at home, this doesn't hurt you.

The fans who actually go to the games? Yeah, they get hurt.

i get that.  i live in VA and dont go to many games.  my selfish couch sitting ass don't mind more football more nights a week

totally understand not supporting this though