• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better than Trevor Lawrence

bobcat91

6 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

CJ is good and has potential but pump the brakes on the Trevor comparison. Scouts and recruiters were looking out for Trevor since the 8th grade.

All the more reason he was overrated coming out of College. 

I still believe he'll be a good quarterback. Sure hope the jags win with him before he closes to be done with something that he admits, is not a passion for him. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

My opinion was from watching the interview in which he actually said what he said.  

No spin. 

I don't base opinions off bullshit. I don't put spin on things. I'm a shoot from the hip, don't sugar coat it. 

Okay, but did he look like a guy that didn’t care if love football in the playoffs this year? 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

My opinion was from watching the interview in which he actually said what he said.  

No spin. 

I don't base opinions off bullshit. I don't put spin on things. I'm a shoot from the hip, don't sugar coat it. 

I don’t remember him saying he didn’t have the desire to be great. But it was a long time ago, I’m sure you are correct.

54 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

Okay, but did he look like a guy that didn’t care if love football in the playoffs this year? 

Forgive me, if I take a man by his word.  I never said the man couldn't play football. 

And this is the issue, if someone doesn't want to believe here on the huddle,  it just didn't happen. 

This why saying anything on the huddle is just so much fun. 

Go argue with yourself, I really don't care. 

I know what the man said. 

God Bless. 

Edited by pantherclaw

1 hour ago, Chief Keek said:

CJ is good and has potential but pump the brakes on the Trevor comparison. Scouts and recruiters were looking out for Trevor since the 8th grade.

It was but it was because he not only was an elite passer, but ran like a deer. CJ is a better passer, but isn't going to be a prolific runner

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Forgive me, if I take a man by his word.  I never said the man couldn't play football. 

And this is the issue, if someone doesn't want to believe here on the huddle,  it just didn't happen. 

This why saying anything on the huddle is just so much fun. 

Go argue with yourself, I really don't care. 

I know what the man said. 

God Bless. 

So show me the quote or video showing where he said he “lacked the desire to be great”(your words). 

Don’t get on your high horse saying you take a man for his words and then put words in his mouth. 

You have a right to your PERCEPTION of what he said, but he didn’t say what you said he did, 

God bless you too! 

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

My main issue is if Cam or Justin Fields said some poo similar to that the media would have killed them pre draft. 

Yeah I don't think it was a major red flag for Lawrence to say what he did but when I heard it this was my exact reaction. Hopefully mentalities like that change for the better as the years go on with newer generations. But then again idk how far off that will be you see how Lamar Jackson is perceived.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Martin said:

I only remember him saying football doesn’t define who he is as a person. A completely different thing.

Thanks for me not having to post the same thing. One person says he’s entitled and the other said he doesn’t love football. It’s amazing the hoops people jump through here. It’s as if they have to downplay some people to make their guy look better.

I wanted Lawrence so bad and honestly, I think he’s going to have a great career. I can only hope the guy we pick does as well and will be a top QB for years but I’m not going to try to make our guy look better by saying something untrue about Lawrence.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

No spin. 

Lol, your bravado is kind of funny.

Here’s and SI video: 

And here’s and article:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/14/trevor-lawrence-magazine-cover-story-daily-cover 

I’d love to see what you “watched” because SI’s article was in a magazine and the video didn’t have much of the quotes in it. When you were shooting from the hip what gave you your opinion of Lawrence and be careful when you “watch” to make sure you aren’t using his wife’s or high school coach or someone else’s quote.

Personally, I understand what they all were saying and I’ve never seen anything in his play that showed anything bad. I think he showed a ridiculous amount of heart in the playoff game after such a bad start. I believe him when he says in the video that he dreams of winning a Super Bowl.

I think you may have gotten caught up with SI wanted to stir the pot a bit (that quote wasn’t in the article) to sell magazines. Or maybe you want a guy with a huge chip on his shoulder like say, Baker Mayfield who thinks everyone was against him.

• Pie 1

I'm pretty sure this is the quote he's talking about, I haven't been able to find anything else...

"It's not like I need (football) for my life to be OK," Lawrence told SI. "I want to do it because I want to be the best I can be. I want to maximize my potential. Who wouldn't want to? You kind of waste it if you don't.

He later went on to clarify ...

"It seems as if people are misreading my sentiment. I am internally motivated — I love football as much or more than anyone," Lawrence tweeted. "It is a HUGE priority in my life, obviously. I am driven to be the best I can be, and to maximize my potential. And to WIN.

In my opinion, this seems way overblown, but you can draw your own conclusions.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Martin said:

I don’t remember him saying he didn’t have the desire to be great. But it was a long time ago, I’m sure you are correct.

You aren’t wrong. Lawrence even says in the article that he knows people will read into his statements. It’s comical how  the Internet tough guys act. The best part will be if we take Young instead of CJ after all the talk about CJ being better than Lawrence. 

• Beer 1

On 3/31/2023 at 3:30 PM, CPF4LIFE said:

I was never super high on Lawrence like everyone else. Count me as someone who has liked Stroud more. 

....I'd trade Stroud and 3 firsts plus my 3rd born for Trevor Lawrence, with Dave Caldwell, Reich, and Josh McCown on staff.

How can anyone say this? That they "weren't high on Lawrence"? He's quite literally a generational talent and took out the new golden boy Phillip Rivers replacement after coming back from 27-0, in the playoffs.

Jesus Henry Christ.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

....I'd trade Stroud and 3 firsts plus my 3rd born for Trevor Lawrence, with Dave Caldwell, Reich, and Josh McCown on staff.

How can anyone say this? That they "weren't high on Lawrence"? He's quite literally a generational talent and took out the new golden boy Phillip Rivers replacement after coming back from 27-0, in the playoffs.

Jesus Henry Christ.

I said i wasnt that high and meant that...and he hasnt exactly tore the league up since being here. At the end of the day its my opinion anyway so go ride his you know what somewhere on your own discretion.