• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Mortensen: Bryce Young is the pick, they all love Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

5 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I emotionally left this $hitty franchise in 2018. I have been willing to give it chances to redeem itself, but so far that hasn’t happened . 

Unfortunately it just hasn’t stopped you from crying and being miserable on this site every chance you get.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I honestly hope so. It’s been a long time. 

Roaring Riot...

I know they're marketing, but I also think they're right, partially because they haven't been this enthusiastic in the last couple of years.

They knew we weren't good.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Roaring Riot...

I know they're marketing, but I also think they're right, partially because they haven't been this enthusiastic in the last couple of years.

They knew we weren't good.

I’m cautiously optimistic, but won’t put much energy into yet. It’s Tepper, so I’m leery. 

I am not confident that Houston would be willing to deal, but I can say that I am not sure the Panthers would do it if the reason they moved up was for one guy.  Young is a better QB--and he was 5'10" and 190 or so while playing at Bama vs. Georgia and the rest of the SEC.  Stroud is bigger and he has a strong case to be the #1 overall pick--but until Houston calls, this is a mute point.

Personally, I like Young the person--the ambassador for the franchise--more than Stroud.  I love his brain and I think he will "play safe".  Stroud?  I love his accuracy, size, and potential.

Just now, ickmule said:

I’m cautiously optimistic, but won’t put much energy into yet. It’s Tepper, so I’m leery. 

Tepper has admitted to his failures, and I consider that a good sign.

At the same time though, Tepper isn't really my focus. Fitterer, Morgan, Reich, Suleiman, the rest of the staff and the addition of Adrian Wilson...these are my reasons for encouragement.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

CJ Stroud will be the pick.  Bryce Young ceiling is Alex Smith.  While Bryce Young football IQ is thru the roof, he has a noodle arm and slow release which will limit him to being a game manager and not an elite QB.  People who comparing Young to Brees, completely disregard Bree release time and zip on the ball.  Brees could uncork 60 yard lob pass similar to Russell Wilson which Young can’t do.

NFL models predicted for Young to be successful in NFL would need to be surrounded by top OL at all times to compensate for lack of arm strength. 

Edited by Lame Duck