• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brains vs Brawn

Mr. Scot

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly never felt challenged in school. Just bored me to tears. I hated it. I'm here to check this box and get this paper and have a wicked good time outside the classroom in the process. I didn't even go to my college graduation. Fug that formality bullshit. Here's my address. Mail it. 😄

I regret that one though. Not for myself. I hate formal bullshit like graduations. But I was the first person in my family to go to college and it would've meant a lot for them I just selfishly wasn't having it.

Formal education is mental bulimia, nothing more. Shove it in, spit it out - there you're "smart" and "qualified", lol. John D Rockefeller really did a number on society.

I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers.” - JDR

What really happens in school is that you are taught to defer to authority - be in your seat on time, go where your'e told when the bell rings, learn (not through experience) but by being told what *IS*...to get in line and be subservient to the system.

I've learned far more from my own volition and interest than I ever have via official "instruction".

Bryce's IQ is off the charts. What he does pre-snap and his moxy shows his passion and comprehension of the game. He also looks like the guy you want with the ball in his hands with 2:00 to go, zero timeouts and down 5.

Someone said the league is a 2-minute/3rd down league...you need a guy that can thrive in those conditions. I fully believe Bryce has that in spades.

Can he last 17 games + playoffs? That's at minimum, four games more per year....most likely, at least five more for the postseason. 

If he can get his weight up to 205-210, my worry diminishes, but that's a long way to go. No reason to think an NFL training and conditioning programm can't get him there. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Bryce's IQ is off the charts. What he does pre-snap and his moxy shows his passion and comprehension of the game. He also looks like the guy you want with the ball in his hands with 2:00 to go, zero timeouts and down 5.

Someone said the league is a 2-minute/3rd down league...you need a guy that can thrive in those conditions. I fully believe Bryce has that in spades.

Can he last 17 games + playoffs? That's at minimum, four games more per year....most likely, at least five more for the postseason. 

If he can get his weight up to 205-210, my worry diminishes, but that's a long way to go. No reason to think an NFL training and conditioning programm can't get him there. 

Love this analysis. Especially seeing as you’re a Stroud guy from the pic. We can all have honest cohesion and concerns together.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

The question becomes why wouldn’t he have had his weight get up to 210 at Alamaba when they have world class facilities? 

My concern for him is he’s too small for the NFL and that’s not about height. It’s about his weight. He’s not a big dude. The fact he played at like 180 in college, put on water weight for the combine and would run no drills, then wouldn’t reweigh at his pro day concerns me that he knows 204 isn’t his normal playing weight. 

Getting blindsided as you “extend the play” and run around is going to kill his lifespan in the NFL. 

• Beer 3

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

The question becomes why wouldn’t he have had his weight get up to 210 at Alamaba when they have world class facilities? 

My concern for him is he’s too small for the NFL and that’s not about height. It’s about his weight. He’s not a big dude. The fact he played at like 180 in college, put on water weight for the combine and would run no drills, then wouldn’t reweigh at his pro day concerns me that he knows 204 isn’t his normal playing weight. 

Getting blindsided as you “extend the play” and run around is going to kill his lifespan in the NFL. 

My concern is that he clearly puffed up for the Combine to step on the scale and declined to do drills then slimmed back down for his pro day to do drills and decline to step back on the scale. That 204 number always seemed highly suspicious. How he handled the Combine and his Pro Day confirmed shenanigans.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern is that he clearly puffed up for the Combine to step on the scale and declined to do drills then slimmed back down for his pro day to do drills and decline to step back on the scale. That 204 number always seemed highly suspicious. How he handled the Combine and his Pro Day confirmed shenanigans.

Also worth noting, once you add body weight or muscle mass, movement is not the same. Adding bulk changes your ability to move like you're used to. How much of that could change his throwing motion or his touch would have to be seen, but I think it's worth discussion as well. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Love this analysis. Especially seeing as you’re a Stroud guy from the pic. We can all have honest cohesion and concerns together.

Thx!

I just want the best QB that's going to get us a chip or three and keeps us a perennial NFC beast. 

4 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I do think young is slightly ahead of stroud in a few categories, but like 93 compared to 91.5........ My deal is young doesnt have the one skill/talent that makes me overlook his small frame. Hes not lighting quick or eel slick. If he had vick-like highlights, that would make it harder to not have him at #1. Ive just heard over and over form people who been next the young and all say "hes awful small and short". 61 year old frank reich looked bigger than young, he was looking down at him too. Hes been at the either the best (or next to) college strength programs and in 3 years, he still looks like the same HSer form cali. 

I hope and feel for the first time in panthers history they have the best staff in place for a QB, so.............im banking on them.......