• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s Official: Panthers getting new uniforms (color corrections)

TheSpecialJuan

59 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Let's compromise and get Process Blue helmets then. 

Is the helmet considered part of the "uniform"? Hehe. 

Was hoping that we would lose the tiny numbers on the shoulders and fixing the trim on the shoulders, sleeves, pants, and helmet. Update the font/numbers and smooth/polish the logo a tiny bit. 

Maybe the 30-year anniversary will be the year we update. I mean....rounding off the jawline a decade ago and this process blue are about as deflating of uniform news anyone can expect. Especially knowing AZ is about to overhaul theirs. 

I'd compromise if Tepper is willing to bring back natural grass though. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, csx said:

Nothing to do with the team

Of course it does

It doesn't matter that the league decided to go with Nike over Reebok, once that change happened, the team should have forced Nike/NFL to make sure they can produce our proper team colors.

It's absurd to think that we just have to settle with what they had, this is the freaking NFL, there are 32 teams, don't make a deal with a uniform supplier if they can't deliver proper colors for those 32 teams.

Don't think for a second this has nothing to do with the team, if they wanted to, this would have been done for year 1, not that hard to force them to make our uniforms in the correct color scheme.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Have a hard time believing that Nike didn’t have packer green or Niner gold or cowboy blue that they wouldn’t have forced them to get in the shop and make the color

League should’ve dogged them on our behalf but like always, it’s us, so they don’t care

44 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Of course it does

It doesn't matter that the league decided to go with Nike over Reebok, once that change happened, the team should have forced Nike/NFL to make sure they can produce our proper team colors.

It's absurd to think that we just have to settle with what they had, this is the freaking NFL, there are 32 teams, don't make a deal with a uniform supplier if they can't deliver proper colors for those 32 teams.

Don't think for a second this has nothing to do with the team, if they wanted to, this would have been done for year 1, not that hard to force them to make our uniforms in the correct color scheme.

One would think that the capability to produce the proper colors for the 32 teams would have been part of the contract with Nike.  It's not like those colors were not known when the bids for the contract were being requested.  If Nike could not do that with the material they were proposing to use, then bid another material that can.  If they can't or do not want to do that, then thank you very much, better luck next time, next in line please.

It's a specification.....they can either produce something that meets it or they can't. 

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, Growl said:

Have a hard time believing that Nike didn’t have packer green or Niner gold or cowboy blue that they wouldn’t have forced them to get in the shop and make the color

League should’ve dogged them on our behalf but like always, it’s us, so they don’t care

Right, which is exactly why in the end, it's kinda the team's fault because all they had to do was yell at the league and/or Nike and it would have been fixed years ago.

The team chooses our colors, now the manufacturer the league decides to give a contract to

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Of course it does

It's got nothing to do with the team you just want to whine about color shades 😂

7 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

image.thumb.jpeg.50b80ecbb260e010b36fbecf51107216.jpegGuy on twitter posted these this morning titled “Panthers 2023 Uniforms” it is BS but it does make me frustrated that all we are getting is a slight change and a color correction. 

Oh My God Wow GIF

Those would be AWESOME!!!!!  I was given a Luke Jersey for Christmas one year.  It's an official Nike version.  I can hardly wear it because there is so much vinyl on the sleeves that I cannot move my arms.  The Reebok ones were SOOOOOOOO much better!  I'm planning on getting one for our new QB or Burns, whoever's contract is longer!  I hope the fit (both literal and figurative) is improved. 

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Is the helmet considered part of the "uniform"? Hehe. 

Was hoping that we would lose the tiny numbers on the shoulders and fixing the trim on the shoulders, sleeves, pants, and helmet. Update the font/numbers and smooth/polish the logo a tiny bit. 

Maybe the 30-year anniversary will be the year we update. I mean....rounding off the jawline a decade ago and this process blue are about as deflating of uniform news anyone can expect. Especially knowing AZ is about to overhaul theirs. 

I'd compromise if Tepper is willing to bring back natural grass though. 

Yeah, I was really hoping we would at least remove the tiny shoulder numbers 

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

Hearing through the grapevine that Carolina is slated to add blue pants to the game day rotation…..

Please just not with the blue jerseys.😖

Not a fan of the color rush thing, especially since seeing the "ketchup vs mustard" game a couple years back.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Please just not with the blue jerseys.😖

Not a fan of the color rush thing, especially since seeing the "ketchup vs mustard" game a couple years back.

Each to their own but I like the Color Rush blue uniform. Maybe because the Panthers gave America’s Team a beat down on Thanksgiving. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1