• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton gives a list of QB's he would back up for...

CamWhoaaCam

9 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Going public about being down to mentor or backup is a good move. Listing teams doesn't do him any favors. Now we just know who hasn't called and who Cam won't play backup for.

Acknowledging you're a beggar while still insisting on being a chooser...

I remember there being no bigger cheerleader for the QB on the field than Cam on the sidelines. Teams definitely care about things other than winning. If it were only a football decision then Kap would’ve at least been a backup (even if you think he was bad he would’ve been on a team if it was ONLY about football).

Is Cam a victim of his own creation? Maybe but I remember him cheering loudly and genuinely for whoever the team put on the field. 

23 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Hmm, hire a competent sports agent who has a long record of knowing how to effectively/successfully communicate with team decision makers and is capable of showcasing Cam in his best possible light?

The way Cam is currently going about this, he's his own worst enemy.

Reminds me of a FSBO sign in front of a multi-million dollar home that has seen better days.

Last I knew, Newton's Agent was Bus Cook. Not sure whether that's still true.

At least it's not his mom 😕

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Seems like he's humbled enough. From "there aren't 32 QB's better than me" to "Here's a list of QB's I would backup".

I still do not see him in that role--maybe he would--but when you say "there are not 32 qbs in the NFL (referring to starters) better than me" and then 2 weeks later, say, "Can I please play behind someone I think that I am better than?" it lacks sincerity--but Cam cannot control the fact that his alpha personality and past will add pressure to the starter--even if he is not intending to do that.  Maybe if he were willing to take on a Taysom Hill role?  I dunno

39 minutes ago, Matthias said:

If Cam is serious about playing football, I'm sure the USFL wouldn't mind having him.  Try to bring ratings for them and compete with the NFL.  Or you could use the USFL as a tryout for NFL teams next year.

I feel like he could probably only throw the ball for 2.5 games before his shoulder gives out again. Sad times. I just hope he saves his money and lives a long happy life. 

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Shannon Sharpe just destroyed Cam on Nat'l tv.

Sad to say he was right. Cam making a list of QB's he's willing to backup makes no sense when you been out of the league for 2 years. Sad how Cam is going out.

Just watched it. Shannon is right. 

He should just retire, because it’s over. It was already going to be tough for him to get a job, but with him sabotaging himself, it’s not going to happen. 

• Pie 1

Teams probably would have approached him about opportunities already if they didn't fear what he'd run to podcasts and blab about. You can be the loud mouth big man on campus when you're actually still the big man on campus. I'm all for being yourself and voicing your thoughts, but the NFL isn't about that unless you're winning games for teams. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I feel like he could probably only throw the ball for 2.5 games before his shoulder gives out again. Sad times. I just hope he saves his money and lives a long happy life. 

This is likely a big deal.

He played in only six games with us the prior year, and looked like he was fading as the games went on. Seeing that, no team is going to be confident that he can last through a full schedule as a starter.

As a backup, the question remains. How many games can you count on him for?

I know some people say "gull offseason conditioning" but the reality is there's wear and tear involved in that too. It doesn't necessarily make as huge difference as people might think.