• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline believes it's Stroud, but Reich wants AR

top dawg

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

All receivers take hits.

If you've got the choice of who to send over the middle, are you picking Anquan Boldin or Tutu Atwell?

I feel like people are arguing against physics...  Would you feel safer getting in the same wreck in a SUV or a Miata? 

• Flames 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll say again. We aren't choosing between Young and Tua. We're choosing between Young and Stroud. Tua is just a recent NFL comp for how an undersized QB has been repeatedly ragdolled and injured. Young is a lot smaller than Stroud and has less frame to build on thus were a lot more concerned about Young in this regard than Stroud.

It's really that simple. You're acting like people are treating Stroud like he's Wolverine or something and that's just not the case.

You've said yourself that Young is smaller and thus there is more injury concern there so what are you really even arguing about? You're all in on Young. Cool. But don't get triggered by folks talking about concerns about his size. The concerns are very real

I’ll never argue bryce size is not & concern because it is for many ppl. Even though it’s not a big deal to me, I understand folks for whom it is. 
so I’m definitely not getting triggered by that.

What I have explained abt CJ & Tua is pretty clear, so if u don’t get it, that’s fine as well.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

To each his own. 

Tua came into the league with real injury concerns. Young will come into the league with imagined injury concerns. 

Tua had totally different injuries in college.  I don't think he had any concussions at Alabama?  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I’ll never argue bryce size is not & concern because it is for many ppl. Even though it’s not a big deal to me, I understand folks for whom it is. 
so I’m definitely not getting triggered by that.

What I have explained abt CJ & Tua is pretty clear, so if u don’t get it, that’s fine as well.

But no one is arguing Stroud's size is of zero concern. If Young wasn't in this draft and Stroud was there at his size beside Richardson and Levis then there would be more talk of Stroud's size. But Young is in this draft and his size is of much more concern than Stroud's. Stroud is on the smaller size of "check the box size" for an NFL QB. But Young is waaaaaaay below it.

It'd be like having a 290 pound DT prospect and the fans of the 250 pound DT prospect point to him and say "Hey, he's not ideal size either!" 

Yeah, he's not but he's just smaller than ideal while your guy is "he'll be the smallest guy to ever succeed at this position in the modern NFL" size.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tua had totally different injuries in college.  I don't think he had any concussions at Alabama?  

Tua was clearly more injury prone coming into the NFL.  It was unfortunate for him and not his fault but the injury history was there.  Young’s size is a concern and I won’t deny it but any of these guys can get injured.  It’s a risk for every player

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Serious injury, nonetheless. And not only a serious knee injury, but a history of injury. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2020/4/23/21223883/tua-tagovailoa-injuries-timeline-nfl-draft-2020-alabama-miami-dolphins

The concussion thing is unfortunate. But to compare Tua and Young without looking at the complete picture just lacks credibility in my eyes.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Tua was injected into this argument as a means to make an argument against Young. Just because he turned it, don't get mad.

I'm perfectly fine with Young. I don't think the injury concern is a big enough reason to not take him, if the staff feels that he's the guy. But I'm also not going to act like the concerns regarding his size are "imagined". You can want Young and still be realistic.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

I'm perfectly fine with Young. I don't think the injury concern is a big enough reason to not take him, if the staff feels that he's the guy. But I'm also not going to act like the concerns regarding his size are "imagined". You can want Young and still be realistic.

The concerns regarding his size aren't imagined, but his injury history---especially as compared to Tua or even Kyler---is imagined. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Tua was clearly more injury prone coming into the NFL.  It was unfortunate for him and not his fault but the injury history was there.  Young’s size is a concern and I won’t deny it but any of these guys can get injured.  It’s a risk for every player

Someone breaking bones has little to do with them having concussions.  It's the impact of him being tossed to the ground that is causing him troubles in the NFL.  I don't think any of his college injuries have come back.  It's concerning, but I will say Young looks much better at taking hits (as weird as that sounds) than many QBs.  He simply goes with the momentum and keeps his body limp.  It's almost like he trained himself for it which I wouldn't be surprised if he did.  He is obsessive in his training with usually translate great in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The concerns regarding his size aren't imagined, but his injury history---especially as compared to Tua or even Kyler---is imagined. 

Everything is technically "imagined" right now as none of these guys have taken one NFL snap.  Part of the evaluation process is projecting how their skills will translate to the NFL.  It's no secret his size is conering to some teams.  It's why he isn't the clear cut top choice.  Also I don't recall Kyler getting many injuries in college if any at all.  

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But no one is arguing Stroud's size is of zero concern. If Young wasn't in this draft and Stroud was there at his size beside Richardson and Levis then there would be more talk of Stroud's size. But Young is in this draft and his size is of much more concern than Stroud's. Stroud is on the smaller size of "check the box size" for an NFL QB. But Young is waaaaaaay below it.

It'd be like having a 290 pound DT prospect and the fans of the 250 pound DT prospect point to him and say "Hey, he's not ideal size either!" 

Yeah, he's not but he's just smaller than ideal while your guy is "he'll be the smallest guy to ever succeed at this position in the modern NFL" size.

U may not be making this argument on the board but there are many who do! 

So as long as we can agree that he is not, as ur quote says, I think that’s fair. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

All receivers take hits.

If you've got the choice of who to send over the middle, are you picking Anquan Boldin or Tutu Atwell?

I think this makes a better point for Bryce tbh. You don’t pass on the smaller receiver even though he’s better than the bigger receiver, we’ve looked at WR this way for a long time. Some guys are bigger possession type guys that you are more comfortable sending over the middle, some guys you use differently. You can draft Bryce and not have him “go over the middle” as much. He’s got great awareness and senses blind side pressure really well, you couple that with how you game plan, make sure he’s not running too much, etc.

I think it’s easier to protect him (and make sure he’s sliding and protecting himself as well), coupled with his elite pocket presence and slipperiness, than it is to try to train another guy to throw with the anticipation that Bryce does for example.

• Pie 1