• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pauline believes it's Stroud, but Reich wants AR

top dawg

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

If they take Richardson (they won't) then he's won them over since the trade.

It supports the theory that they made the trade without a definitive QB in mind 'cos you don't make that move based on his college stats / how fast he runs. You've been blown away by the tape and his interviews.

I agree. But moving to #1 gets them “the guy” regardless of who that is. They don’t have to settle for anyone else. No matter who they pick, that’s the guy they really wanted and that’s enough for me, even if that ends up being a guy we think doesn’t deserve to be the top pick. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There no double standard. There's more concern about Young because he's a lot smaller than Stroud. This really isn't that difficult.

This is like claiming there's a double standard by claiming a WR who ran a 4.6 40 has deep speed concerns in the NFL but no one is saying that about the 4.4 WR. Well

If 4.3 is what’s needed to be considered a deep threat & 1 WR runs 4.4 while the other runs 4.6, yes, 4.4 WR is less of a concern, but he is still a concern. 

the point I’m making.

1 minute ago, Ivory Panther said:

If 4.3 is what’s needed to be considered a deep threat & 1 WR runs 4.4 while the other runs 4.6, yes, 4.4 WR is less of a concern, but he is still a concern. 

the point I’m making.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/04/05/todd-mcshay-tua-tagovailoas-injuries-affect-how-i-see-bryce-young/70085705007/

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Measuring tape and scales don't lie. Well, unless you spend weeks porking out at Golden Corral to step on a scale while hiding all week under a hoodie then slim back down for your Pro Day to actually do drills while declining to get back in the scale.

We're strictly talking about size here.

We're talking about a guy who is built like a slot receiver taking these types of shots.

kansas-city-chiefs-royals_jun.gif

What saves receivers is that they're typically taking these hits from DBs. The guy's typically hitting QBs are 50+ pounds heavier than those DBs.

It's a huge concern. That's all I'm saying. Anyone who acts like it isn't is just in denial.

He lived to see another day.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Jaxel said:

This whole "we moved up right after the combine so it must be Stroud or Richardson" makes me laugh. When, otherwise, we're we supposed to move up? It was reported a billion times that the ideal time to move up was before free agency started to have flexibility, it has nothing to do with who dominated the combine.

The behind the scenes timeline of the negotiations blows up that narrative.

I’m trying to keep it civil.

why is it that ppl can’t disagree here?

I’m making a counter argument which u r free to disagree with by countering the argument. 

No one here is being uncivil. Your argument hinges on your assertion that CJ is smaller than Tua, and that's just not the case. You're just coping because most folks are worried about Young's small frame and you're trying to conjure any reason you can as to why we should also be worried about CJ.

I’m trying to keep it civil.

why is it that ppl can’t disagree here?

I’m making a counter argument which u r free to disagree with by countering the argument. 

Someone stated a universal critique about Young.  His size is concerning especially after what happened to Tua who is larger than him.  So you try to say we should be concerned about another larger QB's size to counter it.  That's just nonsense.  So if the 6'3" 220 guy is "concerning" what does that make the 5'10" 190 guy?  Off draft boards?

Someone critiqued your guy and you couldn't handle it.  This is what you can't grasp.  Most people on here have no problem with Young, but we can't have a normal conversation about his strengths and weaknesses without some off the wall debate.  All the QBs in this draft have weaknesses and yes the Tua injury raises eyebrows about Young's size.  Todd McShay already said this exact thing.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Why would that matter for coaching?

A lot of great coaches were mediocre players.

The context wasn't really about coaching. In my opinion, a good QB coach should be able to coach to a man's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. I'm going to believe that McCown can do that based upon the great things I've heard about him. I refuse to believe that he can only coach guys that ostensibly are like him, and that's what the replier was trying to intimate.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He lived to see another day.

Yeah he was also playing hurt that day and had to rehab his shoulder afterwards.  Now imagine this happening more often with bigger faster players.  If someone survives a car crash it doesn't mean that will survive the next one right?

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Someone stated a universal critique about Young.  His size is concerning especially after what happened to Tua who is larger than him.  So you try to say we should be concerned about another larger QB's size to counter it.  That's just nonsense.  So if the 6'3" 220 guy is "concerning" what does that make the 5'10" 190 guy?  Off draft boards?

Someone critiqued your guy and you couldn't handle it.  This is what you can't grasp.  Most people on here have no problem with Young, but we can't have a normal conversation about his strengths and weaknesses without some off the wall debate.  All the QBs in this draft have weaknesses and yes the Tua injury raises eyebrows about Young's size.  Todd McShay already said this exact thing.  

The Office Thank You GIF

1 minute ago, travisura said:

No one here is being uncivil. Your argument hinges on your assertion that CJ is smaller than Tua, and that's just not the case. You're just coping because most folks are worried about Young's small frame and you're trying to conjure any reason you can as to why we should also be worried about CJ.

CJ is not bigger than Tua weight wise & that’s a proven fact!

yes, many ppl r concerned abt Bryce size & that’s just a fact.

yes I believe ppl should be somewhat concerned abt CJ size if Tua size is a concern as the reason for his injuries.

That’s where I stand & these are clear simple concepts to me. You are welcome to disagree as I’m not trying to convince u of anything.