• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

19 hours ago, top dawg said:

If Bryce couldn't throw it over 40 yards (legitimately, proficiently, efficiently, smoothly, etc.) I wouldn't want him. Hell, who would? He wouldn't be a round 1 draft prospect, much less a number one prospect. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that fact is just as disingenuous as the Pilgrims giving blankets to the American Indian.

Why did you poo me @Gerry Green, you don't like my simile? 

Who Knows Idk GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

They just think I'm a passionate player," said Corral, whose helmet was ripped off during the fight. "Especially in that type of game right there and that type of environment. Between those white lines, I'm not going to back down from anything."

That's my backup

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I think the concern is how far he needs to drop back to see over the OL. I believe most of his snaps will come from shotgun to help with this. Handoffs of course don’t matter except it may tip the defense it’s a running play. At the end of the day we have an intelligent staff that will design an offense to a player’s strengths. Baker for example is a short QB and Rhule/McAdoo wanted to play him in the pocket under center. He goes to McVay and looks much better with play action and roll outs to help him see the field. 

My worry is a play action under center keeper, he rolls out and

run over episode 6 GIF

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, the game that concerns me with Young is this year's LSU game. They really focused on speeding him up and trying to muddy the field in front of him. They brought a lot of pressure up the middle that oftentimes seemed more about just clogging throwing lanes and limiting his ability to climb up in the pocket than actually getting sacks. And it worked. When the field was muddy in front of him it usually produced a poor result. That's what NFL DCs are going to do to him. Sure, you can roll him out to combat that but that's cutting your field in half because he ain't got the arm to throw cross field in the NFL. That's going for six the other way.

I mean, I understand what you're saying. But it's one game. Stroud actually has a pattern of being sketchy under pressure. He's great when everything is clean and his first read is open. It's just when things break down. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I understand what you're saying. But it's one game. Stroud actually has a pattern of being sketchy under pressure. He's great when everything is clean and his first read is open. It's just when things break down. 

I don't disagree. He looked great in the UGA game but it was really the only time he excelled when pressured.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't disagree. He looked great in the UGA game but it was really the only time he excelled when pressured.

What do you see as each of the prospect floors and ceilings (Bryce, Stroud, and Richardson)? I ask because you're a poster that may have a preference for one of them, but it wouldn't be doomsday if they go with someone else. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Both Michigan games he was under a lot of pressure. Especially 21’s version of the game. It seems like against GOOD pass rush he does just fine but against teams that shouldn’t get near him is where it gets weird. I’m about as concerned about that as I am about Bryce’s measurables. If a clean line can ‘prevent Bryce from getting injured’ CJ will be just fine. Win/win situation. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, yeah to an extent but heres the northwestern game with high winds.  He was pressured, had some dog poo throws, had some drops and had some great throws along with showing his scrambling ability.  Not a perfect prospect but he is 1000x times cleaner then young. 

At 2:18 he has a string of 4 well above average plays/throws with his pocket collapsing

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

What do you see as each of the prospect floors and ceilings (Bryce, Stroud, and Richardson)? I ask because you're a poster that may have a preference for one of them, but it wouldn't be doomsday if they go with someone else. 

Floors and ceiling kinda feel misleading to me because I reality any of these guys can boom or bust well above or well below what most people would predict. But...

Young:

Ceiling = Drew Brees

Floor = broken in half in a full body cast

Stroud:

Ceiling = Joe Burrow

Floor = Mac Jones

Richardson:

Ceiling = Cam Newton

Floor = Akili Smith

I think he's total boom or bust. I see no gray area.

• Pie 2