• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young's built sturdier than Stroud per BMI

MechaZain

26 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

I reworded it.

It is actually an interesting story--a major school like OSU with only 4 first round qbs to be drafted and two died prematurely, one went to prison, and the other is too early to say--

Combined, they have started a grand total of 54 games (with Fields starting more games than the previous three QBs combined). 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

those who are worried about his durability are always going to be worried about it.

he could be playing for 7 years before he misses time and you'll hear them all say, "you see, i was right! i'm always right. you all should have listened to me!"

What a dumb dismissive response to legitimate concerns about a sub 200 qb. Ah yes, everyone who has concerns over his size is clearly a lunatic who in the future will never be able to admit they’re wrong. This type of dumb retort could literally be said about anything. 

“those with accuracy concerns about AR  are always going to be worried about it. He could have 7 65% completion seasons then have a 55% one and you'll hear them all say, "you see, i was right! i'm always right. you all should have listened to me!"

so disingenuous. Yes everyone who holds X opinion clearly will never be able to admit they were wrong. Are mods supposed to be posting trolls? 

8 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Just to add some fuel to the fire I plugged Bryce and CJ into a Body Mass Index calculator. Bryce I measured at his combine weight and listed weight at Alabama. The results kinda surprising:

• Bryce Young combine BMI: 29.3
  • Bryce Young Alabama BMI: 27.8
  • CJ Stroud combine BMI: 26.7

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Meaning Young has more body mass than Stroud even at his reported playing weight. So who are you more afraid for on a football field? The short, stockier guy or the taller one who is 10-20 pounds heavier? 

the dark knight hospital gif | WiffleGif

These TDK GIF's never get old 

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

What a dumb dismissive response to legitimate concerns about a sub 200 qb. Ah yes, everyone who has concerns over his size is clearly a lunatic who in the future will never be able to admit they’re wrong. This type of dumb retort could literally be said about anything. 

“those with accuracy concerns about AR  are always going to be worried about it. He could have 7 65% completion seasons then have a 55% one and you'll hear them all say, "you see, i was right! i'm always right. you all should have listened to me!"

so disingenuous. Yes everyone who holds X opinion clearly will never be able to admit they were wrong. Are mods supposed to be posting trolls? 

And the same could be said about stroud and not being surrounded by all world talent in the skill positions lmao. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

8 hours ago, panthersphan said:

The fact that he’s less than 1 away from being “obese” probably doesn’t sit well with 70% of the huddle 

BMI is a pretty useless metric for athletes, does not take in to account their body fat %. Pretty much every position outside of ST, and WR would be considered obese. BMI is made for the general population, works well when this nation is fat as fug for a general idea of someone’s obesity levels for a normal person.

24 minutes ago, shaq said:

BMI is a pretty useless metric for athletes, does not take in to account their body fat %. Pretty much every position outside of ST, and WR would be considered obese. BMI is made for the general population, works well when this nation is fat as fug for a general idea of someone’s obesity levels for a normal person.

Many that had a BMI done were all muscle and still considered obese. Odd how they come to that conclusion.

1 hour ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Many that had a BMI done were all muscle and still considered obese. Odd how they come to that conclusion.

Exactly, this is because BMI is only calculated by your weight in KG divided by your height in meters squared. It literally is just based on your height and weight, your lean muscle mass is not accounted for whatsoever. Useless in terms of scouting outside of anomaly’s.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ve just been going by what the scouts/analysts have been saying. The ONLY red flag for Young is his size in relation to play calling and durability. I haven’t seen many treat Stroud’s size as a negative. I mean when our own HC who always speaks highly of every player admits it’s a concern then call me crazy, but I agree with him. Stroud also has several red flags which is why either one can be argued at 1.

Because they need something to knock him on. It’s literally the only thing against him. He’s the same size as Drew Brees and he dominated us for decades. 

• Poo 1

33 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Because they need something to knock him on. It’s literally the only thing against him. He’s the same size as Drew Brees and he dominated us for decades. 

He isn’t the same size as Brees. Brees has 2 inches and like 20 pounds on him. That’s like saying Brees and Mahomes are the same size. I don’t think it’s worth passing on him, but it’s something to consider. 

• Beer 1