• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears close to trading to 2, then to 9 with Carolina moving up to 2: Houston felt comfortable staying at 2 because they are confident Carolina doesn’t take their guy.

Varking

Just now, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

That clown just said the same thing to me and said I was a Frank alt. Go figure. 

He got obsessed with alts when someone called him out on the Young alts that all joined in March. Pretty much confirms that some of those are him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, stan786 said:

On another note the Albright drama this last week was wild.

5 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

Albrights little tweet storm about cheating on his wife was such an L. Whenever I see his tweets now I just cringe. 

5 hours ago, travisura said:

Can't believe it hasn't been brought up yet.

Okay, what the hell did I miss? 😳

This makes the most sense. 

Here is what we factually know at this point. 

Houston tried to trade up to 1. 

Chicago preferred Carolina's deal. 

Chicago tried to get Houston to still trade up to 1, so that they could then trade again with Carolina and move from 2 to 9.

Houston balked when finding out Chicago was close to trading with Carolina (this one is important)

Carolina trades up to 1. 

Billy Marshall loses his fuging mind on twitter

Bryce Young goes from the betting favorite to go 1 overall, to flipping to Stroud -300

Reports are that Carolina likes Stroud

Fast forward 

Now every major media outlet is saying "well actually Carolina likes Young"

Now reports that "Houston is fine not taking a QB" 

Yall can think whatever you want but all the tea leaves point to the fact that we like Stroud, Houston likes Young and the Panthers are trying very hard to get Houston to do something stupid and trade up one spot 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Also yall can believe whatever the fug you want. But there is no way in fuging hell. absolutely no chance that the Panthers traded DJ Moore and all that draft capital without a specific guy in mind that they wanted at 1. Tepper isn't signing off on that bullshit to be like "we actually don't know who we like we haven't spoken at all. Franch who?"

Cmon yall 

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

This makes the most sense. 

Here is what we factually know at this point. 

Houston tried to trade up to 1. 

Chicago preferred Carolina's deal. 

Chicago tried to get Houston to still trade up to 1, so that they could then trade again with Carolina and move from 2 to 9.

Houston balked when finding out Chicago was close to trading with Carolina (this one is important)

Carolina trades up to 1. 

Billy Marshall loses his fuging mind on twitter

Bryce Young goes from the betting favorite to go 1 overall, to flipping to Stroud -300

Reports are that Carolina likes Stroud

Fast forward 

Now every major media outlet is saying "well actually Carolina likes Young"

Now reports that "Houston is fine not taking a QB" 

Yall can think whatever you want but all the tea leaves point to the fact that we like Stroud, Houston likes Young and the Panthers are trying very hard to get Houston to do something stupid and trade up one spot 

The alternative could be we leaked Stroud hard so Houston wouldn't up their offer to 1 because they thought we didnt want their guy, allowing us to get the guy we actually liked Young.

The tea leaves can be read a number of ways.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

The alternative could be we leaked Stroud hard so Houston wouldn't up their offer to 1 because they thought we didnt want their guy, allowing us to get the guy we actually liked Young.

The tea leaves can be read a number of ways.

You're right we may like Young a lot! And I'd be fine with that, but again Houston specifically choosing NOT to trade up and Vegas odds flipping seem like the biggest smoking guns here. 

• Pie 1

Just now, SOJA said:

You're right we may like Young a lot! And I'd be fine with that, but again Houston specifically choosing NOT to trade up and Vegas odds flipping seem like the biggest smoking guns here. 

Yeah I cant tell, I agree with everyone who knows until it happens. I can see the story being either version of these two weeks from now.

Stroud's visit so late will keep this shrouded for a bit I imagine.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Buddy aired his relationship out on twitter and started arguing with his girl in the thread

https://nypost.com/2023/04/07/broncos-reporter-benjamin-allbright-makes-bizarre-twitter-sexting-confession/

This kind of public trauma dumping almost never goes well or has its intended effect.

That said, Robin Thicke putting out an entire crappy album and going on a whole-ass PR tour to try to get his wife back will never be topped.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

Yeah I cant tell, I agree with everyone who knows until it happens. I can see the story being either version of these two weeks from now.

Stroud's visit so late will keep this shrouded for a bit I imagine.

I think it's ludicrous for anyone to say they know for sure we know who we are drafting. But I promise Tepper, Reich and Fitty know.

14 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Do we know what Richardson or Stroud scored on the S2 Cognitive test? Nope.

No but we know they own the information and can leak it like Young did.  Why didn't they leak high S2 scores? Neither of them showed particular decision making during games (well, not in his second year for Levis--he was much better with a decent line). 

They've both been described as incredibly intelligent (and driven) by their coaches. 

Really their college coaches didn't come out and say they were idiots? Could their college coaches be puffing them up? That's never been done before by a college coach. They always tell the media absolutely what they think of their former player.