• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday Ticket pricing for YouTube announced

PanthersATL

On 4/11/2023 at 10:08 AM, travisura said:

It's possible to share an account with YoutubeTV, but it can be a pain in the ass. The location of the account's owner dictates the "home market" so if you're sharing an account with someone in the same television market as you are, then you're golden. If not, then the owner of the account has to log into YoutubeTV with your account info once every three months so that you can continue using it. This is because when you use it out of the home market it technically thinks the account owner is travelling so you have to log into it in the home market again to refresh it. Oh and because the account owner determines the TV market, all your local channels will be affiliated with that market, not your own.

Ran into his same situation…for a while YT TV won’t notice but they will eventually make you choose a location and will lock out others.  In short you can use it when traveling but it’s short lived 

Edited by Shocker

I've had YouTube TV for a few years now and I'm a big fan. Tremendous base sports package with pretty much every channel you could want, unlimited DVR, ability to watch from your phone anywhere and about half the price of most cable packages. If I didn't already live in the home Panthers market, I'd add the Sunday Ticket package in a heartbeat, but as is, Panthers games + the national games of the week are plenty for me. 

• Pie 3
  • The D 1

On 4/11/2023 at 12:42 PM, run-run-pass-punt said:

The powers that be know how easy it is to exploit people for the maximum return, and they have no hesitation about doing just that. But you don't have to play their games.

Ah man, capitalism. If only the government could provide a streaming service! How great that would be. Just imagine, delays, breakdowns, no customer service, billions lost.

Seriously, this poo gets on my nerves man. Want some poo like that, move to China. Let me know how it goes.

• Poo 1

10 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

I've had YouTube TV for a few years now and I'm a big fan. Tremendous base sports package with pretty much every channel you could want, unlimited DVR, ability to watch from your phone anywhere and about half the price of most cable packages. If I didn't already live in the home Panthers market, I'd add the Sunday Ticket package in a heartbeat, but as is, Panthers games + the national games of the week are plenty for me. 

Yep. I switched from cable to YouTube TV a couple of years back.  Saved me about $50/month. When football season comes, I add the sports tier ($11/month) to get RedZone. When the season's over, I drop it.

It does suck not having RSN's, though. Haven't seen a Hornets or Braves game in years.

More details keep getting released.

• Sunday Ticket will only allow for two stream maximum. These are separate from your three YouTubeTV subscription streams. 
  • RedZone or the MultiView count as one of the two Sunday Ticket streams. So you could RedZone on one stream and Multiview on the other. (it's unclear if this applies to the $11 RedZone add-on for YT subscribers or only to the Sunday Ticket add-on)
  • Supposedly.... you could share your Sunday Ticket user/pass with one other person, and each of you would be able to watch one of the two available streams. That third friend will be out of luck.  How this plays out in the real world this fall is still TBD. Maybe there'll be a crackdown, maybe not. YMMV

30 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

More details keep getting released.

• Sunday Ticket will only allow for two stream maximum. These are separate from your three YouTubeTV subscription streams. 
  • RedZone or the MultiView count as one of the two Sunday Ticket streams. So you could RedZone on one stream and Multiview on the other. (it's unclear if this applies to the $11 RedZone add-on for YT subscribers or only to the Sunday Ticket add-on)
  • Supposedly.... you could share your Sunday Ticket user/pass with one other person, and each of you would be able to watch one of the two available streams. That third friend will be out of luck.  How this plays out in the real world this fall is still TBD. Maybe there'll be a crackdown, maybe not. YMMV

That sucks.   Like really sucks

On 4/20/2023 at 12:08 AM, PanthersATL said:

Not great news, but not unexpected.  Supposedly DVR option will only be available for YoutubeTV users.   If you are not a YTtv subscriber, you will not be able to record the game for later viewing.

Hopeful correction: supposedly you WILL be able to record Sunday Ticket games for replay later if you are a non-YouTubeTV subscriber.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: you can utilize "family group" logins to allow a "family member" to "share" your NFL Sunday Ticket account.   (as opposed to having others utilize your personal YouTube login)

BUT each "family member" must "live in the same household". 

What this means is that each "family member" must occasionally log in to the YouTube TV account from the primary address/location in order to maintain access.

1 hour ago, Panther53521 said:

They need a “my team” package and a season ticket holder package (8-9 away games, since we are at the stadium not watching TV)

Sunday ticket isn't for people who are local to their favorite team and can watch those games already. 

On the other hand, if you are a season ticket holder who lives outside the traditional broadcast area -- well, that's a different story.