• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

The question is what is decent compensation?

I just don't think a 2nd is worth it.   The gap (whether height or pressured play) is just too big between the two for my tastes.  We gave up a second, next year's 1st and DJ.  The position is just too important.

For me, it would take next years  1st and there is no way Houston is going to do  that.

We should just take the best QB.

They have two firsts this year.  If they think Young is a franchise QB and Stroud isn't worth taking at 2???  Who knows??

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I would take that to mean they don't think Young is worth trading up for.

Just the opposite. They want Young and hope we love Stroud. I wonder if some of the young love is an attempt to get Houston to move up to take him for fear we are going to take him as well.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I get that which is what it's not an even swap.  If you think both QBs can become great NFL QBs and one comes with another pick or two then it makes sense in my head to listen to that offer.  I don't see it happening anyway, but it's not some crazy thought.  

Hell no. It's damn smart.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I get that which is what it's not an even swap.  If you think both QBs can become great NFL QBs and one comes with another pick or two then it makes sense in my head to listen to that offer.  I don't see it happening anyway, but it's not some crazy thought.  

If that were the case. The Bengals would’ve traded down for Tua and taken all the extra picks on top at the time

if that were the case, Indy would’ve called to move down for RG3 and some picks at the time.

Just because you “like” multiple guys.  Doesn’t mean you Love them equally.

• Pie 1

Just now, panthers55 said:

Just the opposite. They want Young and hope we love Stroud. I wonder if some of the young love is an attempt to get Houston to move up to take him for fear we are going to take him as well.

If they "love" him then why sit back and take a gamble?  Especially when most the arrows are pointing to Young going 1 now?

Just now, ncfan said:

If that were the case. The Bengals would’ve traded down for Tua and taken all the extra picks on top at the time

if that were the case, Indy would’ve called to move down for RG3 and some picks at the time.

Just because you “like” multiple guys.  Doesn’t mean you Love them equally.

Both those franchises announced who they wanted pretty early and stated the pick wasn't for sale.  We said the opposite.  We wanted to trade up to 3, but the price was similar so we went up to 1?  We still haven't officially picked a guy and like multiple prospects.  2 VERY different situations.  

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

If they "love" him then why sit back and take a gamble?  Especially when most the arrows are pointing to Young going 1 now?

The draft isn't here yet and most trades get done at the draft. Let's see what happens as the draft gets close and we say definitely we are going with Young.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They have two firsts this year.  If they think Young is a franchise QB and Stroud isn't worth taking at 2???  Who knows??

Is Houston that desperate?  At that point I'd take Anderson or trade down if I was Houston.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Betting lines honestly don't mean sh-t to me. Betting lines have had our last two coaching hires being Jim Harbaugh or Sean Payton.

I do take the beat reporters and the insiders seriously, but what they ultimately have is still just educated guessing.

More educated than us, but still guessing.

When they’re all lining up.  And all the National media are lining up from what they’re hearing from their “sources”

Even Matt Miller who was the last one saying he’s hearing Stroud has already changed tune and says he’s hearing different now.

id trust all of that with the massive change in Vegas line over some Joe Schmo fan boy on a message board or Twitter trying to stir up a conspiracy theory why all the reporting is wrong but they’re right.

Edited by ncfan

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I certainly wouldn't mind trying to fleece them.  Truthfully if I were in the Panthers organization, I wouldn't even fool with this strategy unless I could get the Texans' 12th pick in a trade back.

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Is Houston that desperate?  At that point I'd take Anderson or trade down.

So they make their roster better and make it more difficult to get a top guy next year.  I'm just saying if they truly think Young is the guy and are only one pick away from him, a phone call will/should be made.  

Just now, ForJimmy said:

So they make their roster better and make it more difficult to get a top guy next year.  I'm just saying if they truly think Young is the guy and are only one pick away from him, a phone call will/should be made.  

I wouldn't do it for a 2nd.  It will take a 1.

• Pie 1