• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Betting odds have shifted

NAS

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

He is 41-35-1 as a head coach. So yeah he is technically a winning head coach, even in with that terrible GM and changing QBs every year in Indy.  Again what are your credentials? 

Spoiler alert.... you don't have any.

Oh, I have credentials….although none for NFL coaching or scouting.  So, technically I do have credentials.  Lol. 

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, ickmule said:

All of that does not make Him a winning head coach. I give no one credit or praise until they earn it. It’s only my opinion, but selecting Young will prove an error in judgment.  

Man you sure are talking like you’ve been to the future and seen that Bryce is a bust lol. 

All the QB’s can either bust or be successful, there’s no definite way of knowing so I’m not sure why you’re so certain that if Bryce is the pick it’ll be such a big mistake. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

Throwing a pretty ball is definitely a positive for qbs, but far from the #1 trait.  Heck, some of the strongest armed prettiest ball throwing prospects have been the biggest busts in recent memory.

Both Mannings threw ugly footballs.

• Poo 1

11 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

All you Youngsters may get your way. I hope you don’t regret it a few years from now. Many analysts believe that Stroud is a better fit for the Panthers and has a higher ceiling, even those who think Young is better right now. We will see. I think we will all be pulling for whomever gets picked and hope he is an All-Pro. 

Not any fans ways, it's the choice of the front office.  I don't think anyone is going to freak out with either QB. 

THEN AGAIN, the huddle will huddle and bitch about stupid poo regardless of how irrelevant it is. 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Man you sure are talking like you’ve been to the future and seen that Bryce is a bust lol. 

All the QB’s can either bust or be successful, there’s no definite way of knowing so I’m not sure why you’re so certain that if Bryce is the pick it’ll be such a big mistake. 

Small and short.  THATS WHY. 

12 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I heard that if Houston cannot get Young, they might trade out or take Anderson.  If that is true, I see them possibly making a substantial offer to the Panthers.  A few weeks ago, I thought it was silly to suggest such a trade since (in my mind) there were 2 elite QBs. As we get closer, it seems that there is Young and Stroud is on a lower level.

Would you take the 2024 Houston first rounder to swap with Houston?  (I know what the Stroud supporters would say, and I was one in the beginning and still like him--I think I would take that deal)

Since I am a Stroud fan, even though I also like Young  a lot, I would take that trade if I were the Panthers in a heart beat and never once look back.

• Pie 1

Just now, KatsAzz said:

Since I am a Stroud fan, even though I also like Young  a lot, I would take that trade if I were the Panthers in a heart beat and never once look back.

Me too. If I were the Panthers, I would ask for #2 and #12 this year.  Reading tea leaves:  That could be why they brought in Joey Porter Jr. for a visit.   Can you imagine getting Stroud and a stud CB?  It could also explain why the Panthers are saving a bit more cap room than other teams. 

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Me too. If I were the Panthers, I would ask for #2 and #12 this year.  Reading tea leaves:  That could be why they brought in Joey Porter Jr. for a visit.   Can you imagine getting Stroud and a stud CB?  It could also explain why the Panthers are saving a bit more cap room than other teams. 

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

JSN visiting would make sense too. Stroud with his WR in the first would be awesome, but unlikely it happens.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

JSN visiting would make sense too. Stroud with his WR in the first would be awesome, but unlikely it happens.

I don't think Houston and Coach Ryans is going to trade up for a QB right now that they can't protect.  They have too many needs.  It does make sense, however, for them to trade back, collect a few extra picks, and go hard after a QB next year--the pickings will be better next year than this year.

I predict that they trade with someone like the Colts and get Anderson at #4 and maybe get a first in 2024 and pick 35 this year--there, they could land a WR--and they would have 2 firsts to get the QB they want in 2024.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I don't think Houston and Coach Ryans is going to trade up for a QB right now that they can't protect.  They have too many needs.  It does make sense, however, for them to trade back, collect a few extra picks, and go hard after a QB next year--the pickings will be better next year than this year.

I predict that they trade with someone like the Colts and get Anderson at #4 and maybe get a first in 2024 and pick 35 this year--there, they could land a WR--and they would have 2 firsts to get the QB they want in 2024.

I tend to agree. Ryans will either pick Stroud or just build up his roster this year with his picks. Do they already have 2 firsts next year because of the Watson trade? If so they could have 3 firsts next year if they do what you are saying. The only thing is the top pick might not be for sale next year.